Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool rally?

Re: Blackpool rally?

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Just in case Chris Ellis is reading this, don't worry mate, he means Steve Ellis!
    You working nights, Chis (R)?
    Err, no, but I was just back from the pub! Sorry Steve!

Nav is Mitch McGrath from Cumbria - he's driven and navigated the event before, so some very useful input.

john
    we are going our car is going to be on the Group b stand, tried to get a club sdtand thre but unfortunately there was no interest, we are going down thursday night to set up, we are taking the motorhome, i can meet up with you and maybe we can sort out a banner etc.
    Nice to see you there chris.
    regards carol

SEC Member

Entry now filling up towards the 85 car minimum. 78 entires as of this evening so I'm sure they'll make it now. Was worried last week with only 60 entries.
    Look forward to seeing you all there.

85 entries on the board now!

SEC Member

Commiserations to Chris and Mitch whose event ended abruptly against a wall on the first stage.
    There was hope that the damage could be patched up and the car presented to scrutineering again this morning so that they could run in the "saturday only" rally.
    John Butts offered his radiator, but as his car was on display in the Norbreck Exhibition Hall, which was also Parc Ferme, we could'nt get to it to remove it in time to fit it on Chris's car, so we were restricted to a bit of spectating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ebay photos 007.jpg   ebay photos 004.jpg  

SEC Member

Good job you got those when you did, Lawrence.........
    Sorry, Chris. And then the rugby too. Was'nt your weekend was it?

I must say with Chris's luck, I'd hate to be anyone on his operating table until it changes for the better!!!.

I felt sad when I saw the list of bits wanted, I feel worse now i've seen the pic's All those lovely spotlamps. (one for each).
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

Not really no! Both exampes of what happens when a small change in luck, with you or against you, makes a big difference to the outcome!
    Car stuck on trailer under tarpaulin until I get a new ramp to unload it - luck really wasn't with us, was it?
    many thanks to John & Carol for being prepared to let us cannibalise his car for the radiator -true rallying spirit! I would have loved the challenge of getting the car back on the start ramp in the morning - If we'd had a radiator, there was a definite chance we could have done it.

Really sorry to hear your event got cut short Chris, on the plus side I can't see any structural damage to the chassis so I'm guessing the front clam took the full force of the impact and it's a write off?

I can just image how frustrating it must be, especially after all the preperation involved. I have to say I have a great deal of admiration for anyone who rallys a Strato's, genuine or replica. I know the biggest adrenalin rush of my life was when we were allowed access to one of the special stages of the RAC rally once the main event had gone through, it was probably more to do with the thought of crashing my car than anything else but I was buzzing.

I hope she's back on the road and you're competing on another event soon, would love to see you in action one day.

Good luck with the re-build.

Vince.
    "In the beginning I looked around but couldn't find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself." - Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche

www.lancia-stratos.co.uk

Transformer/Hawk HF3000 - Chassis: 1988 Spyder #045 - Engine: Alfa 166 3.0L 24v V6 - ECU: Omex 710 - Exhaust: Simpson - Tyres: Michelin TB15's / Pirelli P7 Corsa - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive.