Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Urgent help needed

  1. #1
    SEC Member Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwell, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    29

    Urgent help needed

    Hi

    As you know I have entered Nellie in Tour Britannia in August but it turns out that the convoluted / ribbed pipe between the Airflow meter and the throttle body is badly perished and causing bad pinking !!

    Does anyone have a good spare or any other suggestions

    Engine is Alfa 3000 12V

    Cheers

    Phil

  2. #2
    SEC Member Guy Mayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,922
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Is this why you need Phil? I'm not sure if it's 12v or 12v Cloverleaf yet though! If it's what you need can you measure the OD on the throttle body and AFM so I can compare it?

    Guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0960.jpg  
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 14-07-2014 at 18:34.

  3. #3
    Free user turbonutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Retford Notts
    Posts
    1,488
    Blog Entries
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Urgent help needed

    An alternative if the one guy has is wrong, could be a silicone elbow with a couple of bolt in take offs for the small hoses.....

  4. #4
    SEC Member Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwell, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Is this why you need Phil? I'm not sure if it's 12v or 12v Cloverleaf yet though! If it's what you need can you measure the OD on the throttle body and AFM so I can compare it?

    Guy
    Hi Guy... That looks like it to me... Will get it measured tomorrow as I don't have the car at home at the mo... Will be in touch first thing tomorrow .... Thanks very much for looking this out.. Phil

  5. #5
    SEC Member Guy Mayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,922
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Urgent help needed

    No problem Phil, I can post it on Wednesday easily enough.

    Guy

  6. #6
    SEC Member Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwell, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post
    An alternative if the one guy has is wrong, could be a silicone elbow with a couple of bolt in take offs for the small hoses.....
    Hi Neil... Did think of this option... It's my last resort option at the mo.. Thanks for posting.... Phil

  7. #7
    SEC Member Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwell, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    No problem Phil, I can post it on Wednesday easily enough.

    Guy
    Thanks again Guy

  8. #8
    SEC Member Bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwell, Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Hi Guy... That looks like it to me... Will get it measured tomorrow as I don't have the car at home at the mo... Will be in touch first thing tomorrow .... Thanks very much for looking this out.. Phil
    Hi Guy
    As I say unfortunately the car is not with me !
    However the guy at the garage has measured the O/D of the rubber pipe
    69mm on the AFM end
    84mm on the Plenum end
    (I thought they should be the same)
    Cheers
    Phil

  9. #9
    SEC Member Guy Mayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,922
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Home in a couple of hours Phil, it's on the dining room table so I'll remember to measure it and let you know. If it's right it'll be on the way to you tomorrow or Thursday.

    Guy

  10. #10
    SEC Member Guy Mayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,922
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Urgent help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Hi Guy
    As I say unfortunately the car is not with me !
    However the guy at the garage has measured the O/D of the rubber pipe
    69mm on the AFM end
    84mm on the Plenum end
    (I thought they should be the same)
    Cheers
    Phil
    I've measured the rubber tube I've got Phil and it looks like it's got a 69mm ID at the AFM and 84mm ID at the Throttle Body. If your guy measured the OD of the rubber pipe then mine will be too big. Hopefully he's measured the OD of the ally that the tube connects to! Either way I'll bung it in the post to you as soon as I can, if it's too big you can try wrapping a bike inner tube around the AFM and Throttle Body until it fits nice and snug?

    Cheers

    Guy

Similar Threads

  1. 12v Engine Needed
    By marcoos_1 in forum Wanted
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25-03-2016, 20:58
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 11:53
  3. Hi Res Images needed.
    By The Slug in forum Club News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-06-2014, 20:48
  4. Info Needed....
    By The Slug in forum Stratos Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 14:21
  5. Photos needed
    By The Slug in forum Stratos Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 20:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •