Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie about to attempt a LB build.....

Free user

Newbie about to attempt a LB build.....

Hi Everyone,

Before posting anywhere else I thought I would introduce myself and say hello.

After many years of car ownership I have finally decided it's about time I actually built one and so I set out last month to find a car and a kit that appealed to me. It didn't take long to come to the conclusion that a Strato's replica was what I really wanted.

I grew up watching the Lancia dominate rallying and had a poster of one on my bedroom wall so the shape and design of the Strato's has always been a favourite. Some online research confirmed my decision and I was then faced with the dilemma of a Hawk or a Lister Bell.

i was drawn to the Lister Bell and at the beginning of the week went to see Craig to talk about the car. I was hooked within minutes and by that evening had paid the deposit and am now facing the agonising wait for the chassis, engine and suspension packages to be ready.

The 9 month wait will be agonising but I have plenty to learn and parts to collect in the meantime to keep me busy. In fact, I am already the proud owner of an Alfa 166 3l 24 valve V6 courtesy of Ebay! Lucky for me I'm intending to use it as a donor as the Cat C repair was not entirely successful as witnessed by a cork screwing motion to the car at speeds above 60mph. Engine and gearbox are spot on though so I'm a happy camper:-)

So, I look forward to joining in on both on the forum and also at any events, meets etc that occur. I have a lot to learn as I've already said and any and all help will be gratefully received. I also hope I can contribute to the forum too and intend to document my build as a lesson on how not to do it for others to see!

Regards

Hugo

Re: Newbie about to attempt a LB build.....

Welcome to the Forum & to Future Stratos Ownership. Good Choice of Kit - Definately the easiest one to build... Which Body Style are you going for or is that not decieded yet?

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post
    Welcome to the Forum & to Future Stratos Ownership. Good Choice of Kit - Definately the easiest one to build.
    I'll second Neils comments. There's no end of things to be doing while waiting for the kit to arrive. Time will fly by.

Welome to the group ; am just at one week to finish to wait on the delivery schedule and I can tell you that you can do a lot of sourcing during your wait time and this allow to spend less money in "ebaying " carefully and slowly not rushing into crazy bids for door handle or watever other rare parts

Are you into a stradale or GR4 project ?

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post
    Welcome to the Forum & to Future Stratos Ownership. Good Choice of Kit - Definately the easiest one to build... Which Body Style are you going for or is that not decieded yet?
    Thank you for the welcome. Everything is still pretty much undecided as I want to make the right decision and do some more research. It won't stop me collecting parts though and the search is on for X1/9 parts in particular.

Regards

Hugo

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by LM mic View Post
    Welome to the group ; am just at one week to finish to wait on the delivery schedule and I can tell you that you can do a lot of sourcing during your wait time and this allow to spend less money in "ebaying " carefully and slowly not rushing into crazy bids for door handle or watever other rare parts

Are you into a stradale or GR4 project ?
    I'm not sure on my build yet. I will be very interested to see how your build goes and hope you post your progress on the forum.

Regards

Hugo

Free user

Hi Hugo

Suggest you checkout Mick's build of an LB, he will not be hanging around in getting it finished........... So you can see a complete build of a very recent LB kit.

See

http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showt...ld-is-underway

Peter

Yes Peter is right;
    Mick thread is a good sample ( Paul's too= as they are assembling kickly and with no modifications from original kit delivered by Craig

People.....

I have moved the comments of what kit is right or wrong to a new post which is here:

http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showt...ar-of-30-years

I don't think Hi-jacking this welcome thread was the correct place for it.

Personal opinions are welcome but in the correct place please.

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by The Slug View Post

I don't think Hi-jacking this welcome thread was the correct place for it.

Personal opinions are welcome but in the correct place please.
    +1

Peter