Thread: Hawk HF 3000 Squadra Corse

Hawk HF 3000 Squadra Corse

With prices for Original cars skyrocketing, the "Impossible Dream” - the fabled Lancia Stratos - seems to be out of reach for most of us.

It may now just be closer than ever !

Hawk cars has announced their latest kit release, the “Hawk HF3000 Squadra" which brings these amazing replicas to a new level of detail.

We recently travelled to sunny sussex where we met up with Gerry Hawkridge, MD of Hawk cars blah blah blah.

Amongst other things, Hawk are announcing a new evolution of their Stratos kit which has been developed over the past two years.

“30 years ago, when we created our kit, the correct donor parts were not as readily available as they are now, and we relied heavily on the Beta models as the basis of our kit. Over time, more and more builders are re-creating more accurate replicas of those cars and even the experts are getting confused !" (Gerry cites a motoring event last year at which a well-known Hawk owner was asked by an Avid Racing Stratos owner how much his “Dino 24V” engine cost, and was surprised when he was told “well under £100 grand - actually £2 grand ” !! )"

"We are not out to fool anybody - these are replicas in the true sense of the word - and still very affordable” says Gerry “and if you are looking for a challenging project and want to live the dream of a 1970’s Supercar - look no further than the Hawk HF3000 Squadra"

The new kit includes:

Revised pedal box - a reproduction of the works rally car/ stradale pedal box that bolts directly into the footwell exactly as on the race cars
    Revised rear suspension mounts - simplifying the arrangement and accurately re-creating the original setup
    All chassis fitted with internal jacking point bosses to accept GrIV jacking points as per 1970’s works cars.
    Chassis modifications recreating the original look and feel of the cars
    Modified racing style steering arms
    Options for quick-rack steering
    A new range of replica GrIV and Stradale seats
    A host of other authentic, exquisite reproduction parts, including dashboard and dials, Group IV airbox and so on

Engines fitted are generally from the Alfa Romeo V6 range, which is a well developed, proven engine with plenty of tuning potential. Says Gerry “ a few of our customers now have engines developing more power than the 24V race Stratos developed by Lancia” In the pipeline is a deal set up by Gerry with Ferrari to fit a variant of their new V6 F1 engine, detuned and de-turbo’d, mimicking the special relationship between Lancia and Ferrari in the 1970’s. “ a deal like this was not easy” says Gerry, “but a good friend of mine in Turin called Roberto Cassetta had contacts at the Ferrari factory who sold him the original remade moulds of the 2014 F1 car, cheap, like - I think he made them an offer they couldn’t refuse, if you know what i mean……. "

As Gerry points out “Not many people realize that Hawk Suspension bolts directly onto an original Stratos - this was borne out when we recently became involved in the restoration and re-assembly of one of the original Works rally cars” says Gerry "Whilst we we were waiting for parts from Italy …... which is not unusual, innit…….” (he chortles- with a boyish grin on his face) "we fitted the car with a full set of Hawk suspension which bolted right on !”

It is a little known fact, but no coincidence, that Hawk Cars restore original Stratos and Cobra cars in addition to manufacturing their high quality replicas. “It was never a conscious decision on my part to do so” says Gerry “ but so many clients come to us because they just can’t the the level of quality, service and knowledge that we can provide , even with the so called “experts””

“We also have working for us one of the ex-works Lancia Drivers , the legendary “RubyDegard” …… she don’t take shit from nobody and is as loyal as they come”

With that, Gerry asks me ?where the f**k the coffee is?, and when i come back with a fresh brew for him, he’s nowhere to be seen. I don’t have to look far before I find him dragging an old corroded engine round from the back yard “that’s off the chequered flag car that is !!!” exclaims Gerry - “we’ve got ten of them - all original”

With that Gerry wanders off to Turin to spank a naughty Italian

SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY - TALK TO GERRY AS THIS WON'T BE ADVERTISED.

QUOTE VOUCHER - "Ruby is the best" for a £1000 discount

Re: Hawk HF 3000 Squadra Corse

David,
    Will Gerry be updating his web site with the new details and current pricing?
    You know we have an area for advertising, if he has new details they could go in there, will you check and let us know.

Or have I read this wrong....and you have had a glass or too with RubyDegard...lol

Thanks

Re: Hawk HF 3000 Squadra Corse

The Hawk website is in terrible need of updating, it hasn't changed for years.
    Paul.

Sat in a real one, may never wash again!