Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its alive again !

Its alive again !

First start of the engine whith the AEM Infinity ECU. (well actually this was probably the 4th or 5th, first few spluttered and died as is expected with a fresh map...
    Running well, no leaks & all sensors functioning, so ready for the Rolling road in a couple of weeks time

http://vid1086.photobucket.com/album...TUNING/123.mp4

Re: Its alive again !

Congratulations Neil !!
    Big step !!
    Hope this engine version will be the one for you to enjoy some" victories" on futur rallye race or trackdays

Thanks,

Fired up and ran well more or less straight away and no issues which is always good after a full rebuild. The new total seal rings have made a big difference to the blow by, with the last "nornal rings, there was a notable flow through the catch tank vent... now there is nothing coming out at all - very nice...

Last edited by turbonutter; 27-11-2014 at 08:52.

Wow Neil,
    amazing work, enjoy the first ride!
    saluti Enzo

Free user

Blimey, That's a hell of a thing, congratulations you must be well chuffed, Once my Toyota motor is up and running I will probably be switching to the same ECU, I am not even at first base yet though. Be interesting to meet up somewhere down the line.
    cheers
    Rob

Its always good to have it fire up without any drama!...
    If you get your car running on the Toyota ECU why would you change... If you are going aftermarket ECU, then go with it from the start, I have just changed ECU's and it is a lot of work, unless the Aftermarket ECU has a Plug and play option to the Toyota loom. The Infinity can AFAIK only drive 2 cams- unless it has engine specific software & they dont list your engine.....
    No problem to meet up sometime, if you want to have a look at my car, I am not far away!

Looking forward to seeing the Flamethrower out again Neil !

Free user

Hi Neill,
    I intend to supercharge the engine hence the change to Your ECU, this is being developed in the states and will be shipped over ready to go with this engine (hopefully).I can supercharge on the standard ECU giving around 380 bhp but am looking higher than that, Intend to get the engine running normally aspirated at around 325 then move on from there. As said am in early stages of my build so non of this is reality like yours, just plans and dreams, without dreams what have we got :-), bugger all probably.

Hi Rob,

I think Craig Mentioned something about an Engine specific ECU being Produced. So I guess it should just plug in - only problem will be if its for an OEM car you may need other specific inputs to make it work. But I assume you have that one covered already.
    If the supercharger is a realistic goal once the car is on the road, then make sure you plan for it now. If you are going for 400+BHP, then you will probably want intercooling, so think about air/air or air/water and how you will install it....