Hi

I've been 'lurking' here for a while but waited until the beginning of the New Year to become a fully paid-up member - proof that I've lived in Yorkshire long enough (originally from Essex), although I spend most of my 'working' life in Sweden.

I've previously completed a ground-up restoration of a Lancia Beta Coupé Volumex - engine and blower worked/reworked by Guy Croft. I thought long and hard about putting this engine in a Stratos kit back then but, in the end (and very surprisingly given their bad press), the condition of the Beta was too good to just discard.

Now looking to build a Lister Bell with Alfa V6 engine. Based on previous experience, I know that I'm about to embark on a long but ultimately very rewarding (except in the pocket) journey. My build is going to be complicated by the fact that the first item on the list will have to be some sort of shed, garage, 'man cave' since, besides learning that anything I put down disappears into a wormhole, only to reappear at some distant point in space/time, I've also learned that I want to keep any al fresco 'engineering' in my past.

All the best and Happy New Year to everybody - thanks for having me!

David Gregory