Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NATIONAL KIT CAR SHOW STONELEIGH SUN 3rd & MON 4th MAY

Re: NATIONAL KIT CAR SHOW STONELEIGH SUN 3rd & MON 4th MAY

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post
    Where is yours??
    Still in the garage after the last track day. The rear brakes are binding and one of the hoses in the centre of the 'V' split. I've bought the Porsche to give me time to take the engine out of the Strat to change all of the hoses and tidy up the rear frame. I've done all of the front so just the rear now. I'm also going to change the rear brake mounts from lagging to leading to help rectify the binding problem....and then I need stiffer springs etc etc etc. It'll be later in the year when it's back on the road. Steve

Hi Neil
    Sorry, would have been great to join up, but busy house viewing in the morning so won't be down until lunchtime or early afternoon I'm afraid.

Apologies in advance if I miss the AGM guys. ( for the first time in 15 years!)
    Rob

SEC Member

I wasn't planning on going, but now I know that Stonleigh is only about 20 miles from friends I'm visiting I shall aim to pop by Sunday pm to say hi.

I'm planning on driving my GTM, went out last weekend for the CSMA classic tour, I'll drop it off at the GTM oc and pop over for a chat.
    Paul

OK everyone thanks to those who have let me know they are coming ( approx 25).

Marque is up and running kettle is on so DON'T FORGET YOUR CUPS...... Weather is brightening up after an early morning down pour so im told.
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

That's an early start there Mel. Are you guys going to be able to offer breakfast for those in need? (Me )

Car cleaned (ish) and secured to the trailer (attached to the 4x4). Tomorrow mornings plan: Wake up, get dressed, get in car and drive north. Guess I best make a note of the target postcode for the GPS otherwise there's no telling where I could end up.
    Last edited by Jeff; 02-05-2015 at 20:22.

After a very wet drive down to stoneleigh, it turned out to be a great day. Good to catch up with familiar faces and meet some new ones.

just to prove it wasn't raining here are a few of the cars there- unfortunately my other photos are misplaced ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Agm

I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.

Well, there's my 10p worth. Definitely worth the 280 mile round trip (through the pouring rain on the way up) with the car on the trailer to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last year.

Re: Agm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.

Well, there's my 10p worth. Definitely worth the 280 mile round trip (through the pouring rain on the way up) with the car on the trailer to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last year.
    Well Said Jeff!

Acouple more photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11182068_736306626482054_5737033645778907546_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	8251

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11148705_736306559815394_4893647256501548628_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	8252

Re: Agm

Hello mates
    Anyone have taken some pics of LB display ? Seems it's a crowdy pit ????