Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NATIONAL KIT CAR SHOW STONELEIGH SUN 3rd & MON 4th MAY

Re: Agm

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.
    Hear, hear! I was particularly impressed with how you guys & gals managed to organise the sun coming out (and staying out) from the moment we arrived, after a very wet drive down from North Yorkshire - well done indeed!

It was great for me to see some of your cars and put some names to faces but perhaps I should also have asked for forum names ... maybe we could all wear badges next time
    Last edited by Spartan; 05-05-2015 at 16:07.

Can I say thank you to all who sent apologies for the meeting, and for those who despite the weather attended. and hopefully enjoyed the BBQ, by which time the meeting was over sun was shining.

Alan Hayne (Skelly) will be taking over the day to day running of events from Rob (Sando)
    Thanks again to Rob for stepping up to the plate last year.
    Ken will still be doing the 3 main events for us again this year.

Mel will be posting up the minutes in due course, and I'm leaving the country...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I'd just like to say here (perhaps when I should have said it there) a big thank you to all the guys (and girls) on the committee who organise the club and bring about events like today. I know I am guilty of not expressing my appreciation of peoples time and effort that they freely give up and I know I am not unique.

A way we can show and express our support for the club and what it does for us is to simply turn up at some of the events organised on our behalf by them. I know life gets in the way, and this is often unavoidable, but it really is worth getting out and meeting other members of the club face to face. At the very least it adds more depth and understanding to the exchanges on the forum but sometimes there nothing like a "heads under the bonnet" chat about something that might have been troubling you to sort things out.

So, don't think that you have to wait until your car is road legal before considering showing the rest of the club your hard work. In many respects a completed car is a done deed and perhaps more daunting to those just starting down their build, a partially completed car (on the other hand) can offer suggestions and encouragement.

Well, there's my 10p worth. Definitely worth the 280 mile round trip (through the pouring rain on the way up) with the car on the trailer to catch up with friends I haven't seen since last year.

Jeff thank you for your comment.
    I would like to say a big thank to you all that attended especially those who drove their cars on the Sunday to the event with such horrendous weather conditions, a good turn out for the AGM , it was nice to see new faces, we are a friendly bunch really.
    Thank you again

SEC Member

Hi Carol,

I'd also like to add our thanks to all those involved in organising the stand for Stoneleigh. We had a great time, arriving Saturday night and leaving on Monday afternoon. Great to see the other cars, meet some other owners and good to see good quality merchandise available as well. Our two Strats both completed an 850mile round trip this weekend, started and finished with a thrash through the New Galloway Forest......brilliant!!! Makes all the hours in the garage worthwhile!!!
    Last edited by marcoos_1; 05-05-2015 at 20:52.