Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New site and forum going well

New site and forum going well

Just wanted to say how pleased I am at the way the new forum has taken off and is being visited and used.
    Lots of posts and new and old forum users joining in and good feel for the club again. We needed to move with the times and I think now we have caught up with where we needed to be.

Some forums have very few new posts or turnover of information, where as this has started off really well. I know some don't like the members only area but if the club is to survive it needs this. Having the open areas too gives everyone chance to contribiute and discuss things as they wish to

Long may it continue and well done again captain Slug for all your efforts.

Bobster

Re: New site and forum going well

Quote Originally Posted by Sando View Post
    Long may it continue and well done again captain Slug for all your efforts.
    Bobster
    Without Ian's quick action the momentum could have been lost.

Rob,
    It amazes me how little 'traffic' there is on other forums. You're right about that.
    I suppose it says something about the SEC members and other regular Stratos forum users?

Guys you only have to look at the site details I posted the other night to see that we are getting lots of page visits. Now the forum is working ok, and when I have a bit more time I will start to work back on the main site, I could do with some nice pics please.......

I would like to add a translate button on the site as we have so many people other than English speaking who look at us, (93 countries last month) so I'm looking into it. Also I want to add some movement onto the main site as well, a slide show of pics etc, nothing worse than visiting after 3-4 weeks and see the same old info......

And the Regailia site needs to be sorted, so will members please start giving ideas as to what Regalia they would like, and what they think will sell, also a price point you would buy at?
    No point having say coats at £50 if people only want to spend £30 as an example.......

Will have some more news in the next newsletter if we get any replies....

I have to say you lot are really bad at suppling any material to be published....so far for the next eddition we have 1 item. Still wont take long to send that out..!

Ian I have a couple of articles ongoing which I'd like to keep working on until the deadline. Can you let me know your 'ideal closing date' for sending in.
    Cheers,
    Mick

Hi there,

Really nice, I was having a look to the forum trying to learn with your experiences with the different replica kits, I hope have the necessary permissions in order to follow closely your builds!!

Thanks!
    Cheers, Deltona

Quote Originally Posted by catswhiskers View Post
    Ian I have a couple of articles ongoing which I'd like to keep working on until the deadline. Can you let me know your 'ideal closing date' for sending in.
    Cheers,
    Mick
    Thanks Mick 8th Dec please. thank you..

I always use the 'What's New' button to follow the chat. I suppose this approach means that active threads get longer, but doesn't start new ones. When I get more time on the car, I hope to help trigger new threads.
    Ian, I'm amazed at what you have achieved in getting the new website up and running ; this has saved the community from disintegration - thank you and well done! It really is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCar6 View Post
    Ian, I'm amazed at what you have achieved in getting the new website up and running ; this has saved the community from disintegration -
    I only put the tools in place, its you folks that use them, without participation it would be worthless..,,

Thats why I would like to find out why the newsletter is so badly supported, maybe members dont want a newsletter?
    Myself I think its a very valuable asset for the club to have, I wish we could just get some opinion's fed back to us.

Ian - Do not be so modest........................without you I think we would all now be lost and scattered to the four corners of the universe trying to find some direction. It is great now that this belongs to the club, I know that a lot more people will be prepared to make more technical information available.

As for the news letter it is great and I think it still should be produced......................

Ian........... I would just like to echo all the comments made by the guy's above

well done and thank you !!

Phil