Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED. 166 V6 3.0 solid flywheel and clutch

WANTED. 166 V6 3.0 solid flywheel and clutch

As per title. Tried to do this in Buy & Sell but it only seems to support 'Sell'??

Anyhoo, I'm in the throws of preparing for another build, although not a Strat this time is is going to be 166 V6 powered. This time round, it's going to be as cheap as I can possibly manage, stock everything as far as possible. No gratuitous engine rebuilds, no superchargers, no aftermarket ECU, no A/C (or even carpets).

TFL

Re: WANTED. 166 V6 3.0 solid flywheel and clutch

Chris now it supports Wanted as well.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Many thanks Ian. I'd spotted a few 'wanteds' in the forum section so put mine there after failing in the B&S but confess it didn't feel quite right. What I should of done of course would have been to contact you and ask! Apologies for not doing that.

Cheers
    Chris

Chris
    If it's a 166 dual mass flywheel and clutch you're after, I have one sat on my garage floor.
    Let me know.
    Cheers Nick

I have a 164 24V flywheel at home, that should work...

Quote Originally Posted by NoCorseChris View Post
    Many thanks Ian. I'd spotted a few 'wanteds' in the forum section so put mine there after failing in the B&S but confess it didn't feel quite right. What I should of done of course would have been to contact you and ask! Apologies for not doing that.

Cheers
    Chris
    No apologies needed Chris if it's not doing what the members need the we change it till it does..

Thanks chaps.

Nick, thank you, but I was wanting to get away from the DMF as well! Nothing fundamentally wrong with them I don't think in that they work, just that they are so damn expensive to replace. The donor I am buying is probably close to wanting a new DMF I'd guess, so I figured going solid would be the thing to do. If the DMF setup you have is in good condition though, i could be tempted if it's cheap?

Neil, I suspected you might have something in stock, hence the email, but you know me and my impatience A thought, the 164 FW won't have the crank trigger teeth on it will it. Is it possible to transfer the bits from a DMF to a plain FW? I don't want to get into swapping the front cover/pulley etc, this needs to stay stock....
    Last edited by NoCorseChris; 11-04-2015 at 07:26.

The 164 flywheel I have dosent have the trigger wheel incorporated, IIRC its a bolt on part, that fits in a recess in the DMF flywheel, so the flywheel I have would need some machining to fit the trigger wheel.... cant be 100% sure though as I am a good few thousand miles away from the flywheel at present . Spare DMF flywheel might be the way to go, especially as you ar enot after out and out performance!

Ive had a look this morning and I have the flywheel but don't have the clutch parts, guess I must have ditched them when I was having a clear out prior to my chassis arriving.

It looks in good condition, the car it came from was a 3.0 166 and had only covered 62,00 miles.

Its no use to me, if its any use for you and you can collect, you can have it for a 4 pack of Stella

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1633.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	8155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1634.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	8156

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutter View Post
    The 164 flywheel I have dosent have the trigger wheel incorporated, IIRC its a bolt on part, that fits in a recess in the DMF flywheel, so the flywheel I have would need some machining to fit the trigger wheel.... cant be 100% sure though as I am a good few thousand miles away from the flywheel at present . Spare DMF flywheel might be the way to go, especially as you ar enot after out and out performance!
    I was thinking the same Neil - the donor I've got is at 100k now and still fine AFAIK, but while it's out and no doubt partially stripped for cleaning/tarting up then a new(er) DMF is the simpler option. There's also the option to weld the DMF up then fit a sprung friction plate. As you say, I'll not be looking to ultimate performance so whichever is cheapest will do for me. Don't really want to be spending £300-£400 on the GTA flywheel & clutch kit on this project. That trigger looks cast in to the DMF looking at Nicks picture.

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post
    Ive had a look this morning and I have the flywheel but don't have the clutch parts, guess I must have ditched them when I was having a clear out prior to my chassis arriving.

It looks in good condition, the car it came from was a 3.0 166 and had only covered 62,00 miles.

Its no use to me, if its any use for you and you can collect, you can have it for a 4 pack of Stella

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1633.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	8155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1634.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	8156
    Nick, thank you for looking it out and taking the pics. Good of you. Yes please, I'll grab that if I may. Don't know when I'll next be in your neck of the woods though - are you OK to hang on to it for a bit for me?