Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corse I for Auction

Re: Corse I for Auction

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    I think the car would look better on a set of LB Corse coffin spokes, painted red?
    Maybe something to consider for whoever buys it?
    Definitely

Craig,
    Do you mean Tim's sold for a better price, because it wasn't sold at auction, or was Tim's auctioned too?
    I was thinking Tim's would be the barometer for what this might make, but without actually knowing what it sold for?
    I know what Tim was asking... but?
    Tim's was sold privately, so yes I think that the auction route is not the best place for a seller to be looking (I can't remember what the "Sony car" went for in the end?). carandclassic.co.uk would be my first port of call for selling, I think that Richard Craigs car sold through that site quickly, Tims car was also on there I believe but I do not know if the sale came through there, pistonheads or eBay.
    Last edited by Strat Fan; 15-04-2015 at 11:53.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

I think the car would look better on a set of LB Corse coffin spokes, painted red?
    Maybe something to consider for whoever buys it?
    Obviously it is politically incorrect of me to pass comment but when Tim visited me with his car prior to it being sold I did offer up a couple of gold wheels to the car & the difference it made over those Comp 5 spokes was immeasureable.
    I have to say though as a Corse wheels go I much prefer the 6 spokes on this car over the Compomotive & Revolution 5 spokes that others have fitted in the past. The full competition livery may help in this case.
    Stan Laurel

Quote Originally Posted by Strat Fan View Post
    (I can't remember what the "Sony car" went for in the end?).
    'Hammer on the 'Sony' car was £21,280:
    http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/au...a-stratos.aspx

'Hammer on the 'Sony' car was £21,280:
    http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/au...a-stratos.aspx
    That's pretty good to be fair & would have left a bit of margin for coffin spoke wheels & a few other minor bits to turn it into a really well presented car.
    I'm sure the interior trim isn't to everyone's taste but it looks very well executed.
    Stan Laurel

Understand this is a sale on bankruptcy or administration. Car apparently has no MoT and no other paperwork at all - the purchaser would have to apply to DVLA for registration, or a registration document, V5. (However, it is showing UK 'H' plates to front and rear, so would assume it's already registered with them?)

Or would it have to go thro' whole SVA procedure all over again…….? (Anyone know?)

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHundred View Post
    Or would it have to go thro' whole SVA procedure all over again…….? (Anyone know?)
    Owners of cars that successfully passed an SVA test were not officially issued with anything on paper to support the pass.
    Some owners did ask for a photo copy to keep at the time of the test pass, some didn't.
    For example, I bought a car that had successfully passed SVA, but had no paperwork to show this, other than a photo copy supporting the application for the (post SVA pass) issued registration number.

According to a report in the Stratos Enthusiasts Club Newsletter Issue 70, the Pirelli Corse I that is to be auctioned soon, successfully passed an SVA test before the autumn of 2006.
    So leaving the V5C to one side, and regarding the SVA test pass on it's own, the lack of paperwork ought not to be a problem. The lack of a V5C is a bit scary though.
    I find it hard to believe that a car would be auctioned without any paperwork. I mean, who would be the legal owner after the sale?

Please don't quote me on any of the above. I'm just trying to throw some light on it, if any, and because nobody else is.

Here's the info from newsletter issue 70:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pirelli Corse I.jpg  

The V5c isn't proof of ownership Chris, merely who is liable to tax the car I think. Having bought through a reputable auction I doubt that there would be any legal basis to dispute ownership, merely a target for litigation if sold wrongly. Copy V5c's can be applied for from the DVLA I think.

Guy (head above the parapet waiting for the incoming....)

Guy,
    you are quite right, missing V5C's are quite a common issue, as the new owner without the document, you apply to the DVLA for the V5C, the DVLA then notify the last registered keeper (at the address on the V5C) and wait 21 days for a reply, if no reply is received disputing the application, then new V5C is sent to the applicant