Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corse I for Auction

Re: Corse I for Auction

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I'm tempted to take Frederics car to put some miles on it but it's leaking oil from a cam seal so maybe not.
    Yes certainly hoping to be there.
    You Stratos mounted Mark?

A long way to Scotland but that would be a great trip with our Corse and very funny to come back with another one auctionned!
    Maybe two Corse in workshop soon a Nice Pirelli and a Alitalia or Zenith white one?!!
    Last edited by Stratie.fr; 19-05-2015 at 15:42.

Free user

Re the V5, if you download the catalogue it is shown as present. Will check with auctioneers.

I'm tempted to take Frederics car to put some miles on it but it's leaking oil from a cam seal so maybe not.
    Yes certainly hoping to be there.
    You Stratos mounted Mark?
    is it worth taking a solicitor along, too, just for luck…….???

SEC Member

Luck doesn't come into it.
    £'ss do!

SEC Member

Taken from Morris Leslie Terms and Conditions just in case anyone has any doubts:

9. CONFIRMATION OF OWNERSHIP
    The vendor warrants to the Auctioneers and to the Purchaser:-
    9.1 That he is the true owner of the Lot or is properly authorised to sell the Lot by the true owner.
    9.2 Is able to transfer a good and marketable title to the lot free from any third party claims liens and encumbrances and that all entries on the entry form
    are correct.
    9.3 That no Lot is subject to any hire purchase, lease, contract hire agreement or any other finance agreement or contract.
    9.4 That the auctioneers have been notified in writing if any Lot has been the subject of an Insurance Total Loss Claim. The Auctioneers have no
    responsibility otherwise to disclose any information appertaining to whether the lot submitted has been the subject of any Insurance Total Loss Claim.

Taken from Morris Leslie Terms and Conditions just in case anyone has any doubts:

9. CONFIRMATION OF OWNERSHIP
    The vendor warrants to the Auctioneers and to the Purchaser:-
    9.1 That he is the true owner of the Lot or is properly authorised to sell the Lot by the true owner.
    9.2 Is able to transfer a good and marketable title to the lot free from any third party claims liens and encumbrances and that all entries on the entry form
    are correct.
    9.3 That no Lot is subject to any hire purchase, lease, contract hire agreement or any other finance agreement or contract.
    9.4 That the auctioneers have been notified in writing if any Lot has been the subject of an Insurance Total Loss Claim. The Auctioneers have no
    responsibility otherwise to disclose any information appertaining to whether the lot submitted has been the subject of any Insurance Total Loss Claim.
    That's useful.

So if any of the above promises are breached, presume it means the eventual purchaser is obliged go to law, to sue (in a Scottish court) the original vendor, not the auction house? So what if (for instance) let's say that vendor was a 'man of straw' - i.e. he's 'bust' and couldn't pay the purchasers costs & damages anyway? Where would that leave a disappointed purchaser?

Guy, what's your wise advice to people on here reading the above? (Appreciated as always!)

Please remember that I'm not legally qualified so don't rely on it!
    However, it does sound like the auctioneer has written get out clauses into the contract but I'd suggest that the car has been consigned by a receiver who would be liable if he consigned something to auction that he wasn't legally entitle to consign...
    Anyhooo.... I guess there's going to be a bidding war tomorrow?

Good luck to all!

Guy

The Corse Stratos seems to have gone from the auction list??

'Was LOT 618.

SEC Member

Well folks, I just got back from a 585 mile round trip to the excitement of a Scottish Classic Auction.
    Stuarts car looked very well and attracted a great deal of interest and ultimately went for a lot of money.
    Hammer went down at £19,000 meaning the buyer will actually pay, by my calculation, £20,140.
    That is a fair result at auction and should tell us we have valuable and sought after cars.
    The auctioneer (wearing it has to be said, the nattiest headgear I've ever seen on a rostrum) started off at £12000 and in the blink of an eye it was up to £16000 with a flurry of bids from the floor and online.
    I never even raised me card!
    Nor did I a few lots later on the 911 my mate was interested in.
    Ironic really as the rest of the lots, bar these two, struggled to make their guide prices in general and many bids were marked down as provisional.
    Sad that someone loses their car in this way but goes to show that if you need to raise cash at some point then we have valuable assets in our garage.
    Good luck to the new owner. Not a face I recognized but maybe someone from here or someone who will be along soon?

Hammer went down at £19,000 meaning the buyer will actually pay, by my calculation, £20,140.
    That is a fair result at auction and should tell us we have valuable and sought after cars.

Good luck to the new owner. Not a face I recognized but maybe someone from here or someone who will be along soon?
    'Might be a dealer John?
    I think it's a fair price too, and very similar to what the yellow Hawk made a while ago.