Quote Originally Posted by hollytree View Post
Hi
I managed to track down the company that Lionel used to make the looms. I can email the sheets.
NB they did not include a shielded cable for a speedo sensor over a drive shaft coupling so I had to take the loom out after it was in, unpick it, install a new Belden cable and then put it all back together again.
I am not sure what Lionel envisaged for speedo sensing and driving the speedo. There is a unit on the gearbox, but I could never get anything out of it.
Steve
I have the sheets, that is what I'm talking about, they are atrocious. There are pages that are suppose to be form board diagrams, but the wire bundles looking nothing like the form board pattern. I'm retired now, but I was an electrical engineer at Boeing, I know what these things should look like. A wiring diagram that shows the entire pathway of all circuits would be nice. As for speedo sensing, I'm not sure what he was thinking either. I am using a 6 speed gearbox from an Alfa GTA, and have no idea if there is a sensor on that gearbox. I will probably do a pickup off the front rotors.