Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Transformer arrives in Colchester

Re: Transformer arrives in Colchester

Reducing Caster will reduce self centering action further - Irun 5.5 positive on all my cars.
    Bump steer has little to actually do with going over bumps. - The sensation is a lack of front end stability when the suspension is compressing with undulations as the suspension is loading and unloading in normal driving conditions. (apologies if teaching granny)

Everything done to your car by the "experts" you took it to for setting up is contrary to the established norms and experience of setting up any mid engine car, or any car for that matter not just a Stratos. The settings you have advised us of are a concern to anyone who has driven a mid engine quickly.
    I would be very concerned about the lack of rear toe if corning in the wet especially coupled with the front toe out and what sounds like uncorrected bump steer.

Everything is comparative and a TB15 could well be termed "sticky" when stood against a Yokohama A539 - but compared to an Avon ZZR soft they would not be.

The "Tone" you refer to (looks like a bit of lightheartedness to me but maybe I am a bit more thick skinned) is because you are apparently choosing ignore a great deal of experience and people are genuinely concerned for yours and others safety driving with those settings. I certainly would not fancy my chances of making it round a bend if going quickly and finding water on the surface half way round - then again what's quick to one is downright dangerous to another and you may not drive the car in a manner that the settings you have would be an issue.

Many things to check and consider. Are the front uprights fiat 132 or another similar fiat? Are both uprights straight or is one out of true?good idea to check kpi? No mention of front and rear ride heights.

Plus one for me Tim, we're not having a go at you for taking your car where you did, just concerned that the set up they have given you appears contrary to what everyone else has arrived at through years of experience. If it works for you we'll all be happy for you but please be careful learning the limits of a car you've recently acquired.

Keep in touch!

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspeed View Post
    The "Tone" you refer to (looks like a bit of lightheartedness to me but maybe I am a bit more thick skinned) is because you are apparently choosing ignore a great deal of experience and people are genuinely concerned for yours and others safety driving with those settings. I certainly would not fancy my chances of making it round a bend if going quickly and finding water on the surface half way round - then again what's quick to one is downright dangerous to another and you may not drive the car in a manner that the settings you have would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancialulu View Post
    The twitchiness I am refering to is the almost lack of self centering.
    I'm guessing Tim, that you probably have'nt got much of a problem.
    A drive in another Hawk, might throw some light on this?

Chris Guy all

Not going into my shell and I respect all the advice given but this matter is in abeyance until more air time achieved. Was potentially looking to take it to Goodwood for the club track day on Saturday, but a) as I share this driving treat with the other half it is not fair as she has not driven it yet. Been a passenger and loved it though; and b) the travel down day tomorrow looks a bit pants weather wise (and I havent padded lined or water proofed the boot..... So it will be the toe out Fulvia HF1600 instead.

The suggestion to drive another Hawk is a good one and yes the uprights are 132 modified by Gerry, and I did check the KPI which was 9deg each side.

Ride height was using the tub corners NSF/OSF 160mm NSR/OSF 169mm.

Little time recently but I knocked back the toe out to 1mm toe in and test drive found it a great improvement. I have a copy of a Gp 4 dry tarmac set up from reparte Corsa Lancia which gives 2mm.

going to LMC AGM weekend on Sunday so that will give it a good run.

Hi Tim,

Don't forget we have the sprint track at Curborough on the 25th August where you could try your car over a set track.

Just a thought.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by The Slug View Post
    Hi Tim,

Don't forget we have the sprint track at Curborough on the 25th August where you could try your car over a set track.

Just a thought.

Ian
    Ian, you are on the money! Car ran well today and we covered 250 high speed miles and some very slow on the M11 due to stationary traffic. Tomorrow I will register for Curborough! Is it all day??

Our car won the Strato's concours at the Lancia Motor Club AGM today which wasnt difficult as it was the only one there. It did look smart though...

A year on from Shades first MOT with me and another clean pass. Embarrassed to say only did 1000 miles in last 12 months (too many other Lancia events for my other cars....).

My tester found a minimal amount of play in the bottom o/s rear "trunnion" that links the bottom of the hub to the lateral suspension strut. I will obviously look at this but does anyone have recommendation for a replacement bush(s).

BTW Its not my garage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20161214_13_49_51_Pro.jpg  

Hi Tim

That's a fine MOT passed for Shades!!
    Nice picture in front of old Heath Garage!
    Hope to see you with Shades next year!!
    Cheers
    Frederic
    Last edited by Stratie.fr; 14-12-2016 at 21:25.