Thread: Stratos Clone?

Stratos Clone?

Any Italian speakers shed some light on this?

Was a crack down on Ferrari replicas in Italy a while back,is this story about a Stratos 'clone'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGt8...gnfNkhhzVzzhhA

Tom.

Re: Stratos Clone?

I love the Google translation of the final sentence in the article, made my eyes water a little.

„Upon arrival of the agents of the Road, the workshop has been discovered and seized a third Lancia Stratos in full cloning of the original located at the museum Japanese Matsuda. The operation, coordinated by the Deputy Public Prosecutor, Dr.Gennaro Ottaviano, allowed to nip around the Lancia Stratos duplicate and international ramifications, by referring to the Judicial Authority both mechanical Verona for the crimes of false (and artt.476 482 of the Criminal Code), whose penis can reach up to two years in prison.“

Another Google translation - sound like it was an original Stratos being cloned as a more famous/valuable car?

Chassis picture is a Hawk one though.

Clonavano Lancia Stratos for sale to collectors: discovery workshop in city
    "
    She was discovered by the Traffic Police of Verona, an organization dedicated to the cloning of prestigious cars Lancia Stratos, means of great historical and collectors, which were later placed on the international market at prices that can reach up to 700,000 Euros.

The operation "Stratos" kicked off by a complaint from a French collector who, after buying in the country beyond the Alps a Lancia Stratos old, he realized that his vehicle had a clone in Italy, that is a duplicate vehicle crafted and passed off as original.

Thanks European interchange of information, the findings are passed to the Traffic Police of Aosta that, following some documentary evidence relating to some Lancia Stratos, has come up inland Treviso. Then, after further investigation, the suspects arrived in the Verona area, where the local team of the Judicial Police of the Traffic Police has located a number of possible machine shops that could duplicate the prestigious Lancia Stratos, whose success was been topped by the three victories in the World Rally Championship, arriving in 1974, 1975 and 1976.
    The documentary investigations, conducted with the support of ASI (Historical Automotoclub Italian), have allowed the police to focus suspicion on two mechanics of 47 and 60 who were working in a workshop of Verona.

In particular it was intercepted by Switzerland, with the assistance of Customs Italian-Swiss, a registration certificate Swiss falsified that, once arrived in Italy, has allowed the organization to test at the DMV a clone of Lancia Stratos, which was thus "recycled" in the international market as the original vehicle vintage.
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 10-10-2015 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I love the Google translation of the final sentence in the article, made my eyes water a little.
    Well, that's what you get Chris!

I didn't know it was possible to get one to reach that far.
    I suppose that's what they mean by a long stretch?...