Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member from the Midlands

SEC Member

Re: New member from the Midlands

Hi James

Ive got my LB kit arriving earlry next year and im building an identical car to you . Im based in Redditch up the road from you , your more than welcome to pop over when i get the kit.

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Before you commit to a motor from a scrapyard I'd suggest you think again. Buy a complete donor so you can run it for a thousand miles or so so that you know it's mechanically sound plus you'll need the donor registration document to get an age related plate come SVA. If you don't then you end up with a "Q" plate.

Best of luck with the build when the kit arrives and welcome to the club!

Guy
    Hi Guy

Many thanks, that was going to be my next question, regarding the V5 document, I'll start keeping an eye out for a 156 or 166 donor car, I hadn't thought of that part though.. removing the donor parts..

James.

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by LM mic View Post
    +1 with Guy
    Watching at all adds in UK iy's far cheaper to buy the donor and do what Guy is advising specially because when necessary you will have on hand all particular ancilaries around the engine
    (without speaking about all the harness !!) and if you examine the list of parts you can get from the donor and do the total to source those one by one you will be surprised !
    Good luck "hunting" parts !!! this is the first pleasant game of the project
    Very true!, from a quick search, a whole car does seem quite a good price, instead of getting all the parts separately.

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by red5 View Post
    Welcome James. Have a look through some of the ListerBell build threads, should give you a good idea of what you are letitng yourelf in for. ListerBell is a well engineere kit and as long as you have some amount of mechanical apptitude you shouldnt have much difficulty putting it together.

Where in the midlands are you? If you're close by you're more than welcome to have a look at mine, chassis is complete, engine in and running, body loosely fitted.

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Many thanks, Just starting to look though now, feeling a bit overwhelmed by them all! they're all very impressive!

Im based in Worcester, so not too bad, Thats very kind, thank you, would be great to see one in the flesh

James

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlycett View Post
    Hi James

Ive got my LB kit arriving earlry next year and im building an identical car to you . Im based in Redditch up the road from you , your more than welcome to pop over when i get the kit.
    Hi Jason,

Thats briiliant, thank you, That would be great to come over and see the kit when it all arrives.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbilluk View Post
    Hi Nick,

Many thanks, Just starting to look though now, feeling a bit overwhelmed by them all! they're all very impressive!

Im based in Worcester, so not too bad, Thats very kind, thank you, would be great to see one in the flesh

James
    Hi James,

Welcome to the Stratos club. I am based about 30 miles south east of you and are currently building a LB. The engine is due to go in soon so if you want to have a look and take some photos contact me.

Gordon

Free user

Hi Gordon

Many thanks for the kind offer, I've dropped you a PM

Regards

James.