Thread: Cobwebs..

Cobwebs..

I've been waiting for a really nice day to get the car out for a blast for the first time this year and after the Winter mods were done - and today it happened but - but nearly didn't!
    Winter mods were the new collapsible steering column (with the deletion of one U/J, the alloy support block and the adaptor shaft) and the fitting of the recalibrated speedometer that had been away with Speedy Cable for most of January! The column was swapped out last weekend after the final weld up by Geoff and it feels nice and solid, a tiny bit of "slop" that the car had before has gone now. The speedo had been reading about four times too fast and I've been relying on a GPS one for a while. It came back at the beginning of the week and was slotted back into the dash during the week, what a fiddly job that was with the dash in situ! Trouble it, it'll have to come out again come insurance renewal time to photograph the trip. Hey ho.
    The battery needed a recharge after a long layup and that was put back in this morning, key in the ignition and press the start button and nothing. Everything else was working, just not the starter so I had to spend an hour trying to find the notes I'd made in 2014/5 when I rewired the car and a bit of electrical fault finding started! Power to the fusebox was ok, power to the relay was fine too. Earthed out the feed to the starter switch and the starter turned so it was the switch or wiring. Turned out the earth lead had come adrift when refitting the speedo.

Took it out for an hour and blew the cobwebs away! Happy days!

Only issue is the steering wheel has been put back on one spline out. Always something to do....

Guy
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 14-02-2016 at 20:17.

Re: Cobwebs..

Well done Guy.... We will see it in March !!!!!

Re: Cobwebs..

Well that's the plan Phil! Still go a few more things I want to do before then though....

Guy