Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navigators Footrest

Re: Navigators Footrest

Thanks Craig - I fired off an Excel "drawing" to 3 companies late this afternoon, I'll see which, if any, come back to me.

The actual dimensions I've asked for are 16 columns by 15 rows of 17mm squares, (each with an 8mm hole in the centre) and a border 10mm wide around the 240 boxes which makes the overall dimensions 292mm*275mm. No radiused corners though.

Thanks for going to the trouble of drawing it up for me, I'm sure you have better things to be doing!

Cheers

Guy
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 01-03-2016 at 17:52.

The beauty of dxf's is that the laser cutters can import straight into the machine so there is no real programming charge.
    On the foot rests I have seen the plate is not square but is shaped over the lower chassis rail to follow the profile of the inner wing, Vince's & Tryphon's are this way for example.
    To draw that in Autocad only takes a few minutes, I use 5mm alloy for fuel tank flanges & have an order due to be processed imminently so if you only wanted a straight laser cut one then we could easily tag it onto an order, If you want machined grooves then you would cnc mill the lot in one hit.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

PM sent Craig.
    Last edited by Guy Mayers; 01-03-2016 at 18:35.

This is my solution!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1548.jpg   IMG_1555.jpg  

Hi,
    This is how I've done mine, It's made from 5mm ally, all marked out and drilled by hand, countersink is done using a "caged" countersink to keep them all the same depth, then blasted to make it non slip.
    As Craig has said profiled parts are easy to do and many places will do either water jet or laser profiling from a DXF file, we use ICEE down here and have a lot of parts cut from stainless, ally and wood.

Paul

That looks neat Paul.

I ran into Austin at the weekend, he was asking how you were getting on with the rebuild of his old car, he can't get into your thread as he's not a full member but he'll catch up if he pops round here sometime.

I've got some requests for quote out there at the moment, hopefully one will come through with a decent price. I don;t think I can go through cutting and layout again only for it to go wrong!

Guy

SEC Member

Did you get sorted in the end Guy or does anyone know if someone now supplies these?

SEC Member

They're a bit flimsy as supplied. I've beefed one up with some angle reinforcement in the past but a bespoke plate starting with 5mm plate is better.

I ended up with a Demon Thieves one Matt but put a thicker plate over it that was drilled to resemble the original. Not perfect but it does me!