Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So it has begun!

Free user

So it has begun!

Well, the donor car is here!! Can't believe a 2002 156 3.2 GTA is sat on my drive waiting!

Re: So it has begun!

Don't break it until you're happy it's mechanically sound! If it's MOT'd it's probably worth using it for a month or two to make sure it's all ok, it's a shame to break a car only to find it's not as good as first thought and therefore harder to pass on than a complete car.

Guy

Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by powelly999 View Post
    Well, the donor car is here!! Can't believe a 2002 156 3.2 GTA is sat on my drive waiting!
    Yeah don't do what I did with my 166. Bought it (spares or repair), drove it about 300 yards and then left ti for 2-3 months. When it came to moving there was a big misfire issue and the gear mech on the box had seized!

Quote Originally Posted by powelly999 View Post
    Nice donor car. Don't drive it too much or you may want to keep it!

Free user

Ahhhhh yes, I have been in it with the owner when I bought it and was impressed immensely. I'm hoping that I can break it and get some funding for the other bits I need to get from the Fiat side. It has the big Brembo brakes, nice black leather interior with the Bose speakers, and 17" Teledials with nearly new tyres so I'm sure the Alfa fraternity will bid happily!
    I want to do compression test soon just to make sure it's ok, but at 80,000 miles it should be. I'll then start to remove the engine and box, but was wondering if it's best to get it out on the sub frame as a unit. Not sure if this can be done so I'll look around for the info or someone here may be able to give me some pointers.

Front wings are GTA specific and no longer available. If they're in good nick that ought to fetch a good price.

Guy

SEC Member

Front wings go for a fortune. They're invariably rusty (mine are) but you could easily get 250 a pop for them, regardless. I might be interested in the leather if/ when you decide to flog it.

Cheers,
    Hedge

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by hedge View Post
    Front wings go for a fortune. They're invariably rusty (mine are) but you could easily get 250 a pop for them, regardless. I might be interested in the leather if/ when you decide to flog it.

Cheers,
    Hedge
    It'll all be available shortly, door cards front and rear etc. Let me know if your interested.

Try joining AlfaOwner and listing them there. Much bigger audience but some of them might want to do you harm.....