Thread: Thanks For All The Suggestions Folks!

Thanks For All The Suggestions Folks!

Just like to say a big thank you to everyone who made a suggestion over the weekend as to what might be causing a problem with the car! For those who weren't there I drove it down on Saturday after struggling to start it, it would fire and catch but stall pretty quickly until the engine got warm, on the M6 it was happy above 60 but had the occasionally pop and bang below that. Not good with the roadworks there at the moment.

Most suggestions revolved around the electrical connections especially on the water temp sensor, the state of the wires themselves or a poor earth on the thermostat body or issues with the IACV/electrical connections.
    Well, at the end of the show I pulled all the plugs off and treated them to a dose of WD40, that had no effect so I jury rigged an earth from the sensor body direct to the chassis but that didn't improve matters either. In the end it was the AFM hose that had become loose ,I must have leaned on it putting the fire extinguisher nozzles in and pulled the hose off at the bottom, the Alfa tie strap has a partially stripped thread there I found out so won't tighten but as soon as everything was realigned it ran sweet as a nut again.
    Great drive home, only issue was the low, setting, blinding Sun. So glad I grabbed the sunglasses before I left on Saturday!
    Cheers
    Guy

Re: Thanks For All The Suggestions Folks!

'Nice one Guy.
    'Glad you got it fixed.
    Putting things right is nearly always easier than finding the culprit?

SEC Member

Re: Thanks For All The Suggestions Folks!

Hi Guy, glad to hear that you got to the root of the problem and had a great drive home. I encountered the sun as well! Again, great to meet you and the other guys and gals of this fantastic Stratos family!