Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Devils Advocate

Re: Devils Advocate

To take up on Robs (Ironmans) comments regarding the writing of the article in TKC...

I have had a couple of articles done on Eric in the past, "Retro Cars" and "Classic and sports car", the reporters / writers of both publications spent well over an hour with me discussing fairly finite points on the car etc and didn't make any notes whatsoever !!!... so when the magazine came out there were numerous errors on what I had said... which of course could put me in a bad light.

If you are writing an article on an LB why did the writer feel the need to compare it to a Hawk ???..... when you read articles on the Hawk do they mention LB or Corse ??? I don't think so.

So I can understand Robs frustration when the writer can't stick to reporting facts without any bias.

You only have to look at the Clarkson reign on TG to see what damage they can do ! (either on TV or in a magazine)

As Norm alluded to ... glad we ALL appreciate ALL the cars irrespective of Model

Phil

So can we put this one to bed then in an adult way?

Enough said on the Joy of ownership, regardless of what make, model, or how it got built. Lets stop typing and start driving....lol

Nice run in the lakes coming up ...

And as an epilogue, it may be helpful to keep me informed of any approaches members get from the motoring/KC press so I can help manage the journalistic process with them to mitigate these issues.

Tim
    Press Officer
    and owner of a professionally built Transformer.....

SEC Member

Ian, at the moment it's HOPEFULLY a nice run in the Lakes...I thought it was great when I recce'd it, but we'll have to see what you lot think of it!! (I may well ply peeps with quantities of alcohol, take pix and then subject them to blackmail to ensure a good review )

Free user

Hi Rotor1

I'm an appraiser in Chicago Il and am working on a multi car collection that is an estate. The owner passed away and I have limited info on his complete Hawk Stratos. It uses an Alfa V -6 engine. Nice condition can't find any good comps for a hawk car. What is the value range on these autos? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by royer; 02-07-2021 at 04:18.

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by royer View Post
    Hi Rotor1

I'm an appraiser in Chicago Il and am working on a multi car collection that is an estate. The owner passed away and I have limited info on his complete Hawk Stratos. It uses an Alfa V -6 engine. Nice condition can't find any good comps for a hawk car. What is the value range on these autos? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    A good deal of money more than they were worth a few years ago!
    A lot depends on the specification, but I the UK prices are now generally above £50k and several cars are under construction or just completed which are potentially worth upto £100k.
    In the states you have rarity on your side value wise. (They are still not plentiful over here)
    A decent road legal car in the states has got to be worth $100k, surely?
    What does everyone think?
    There have been plenty of posts expressing great interest from the US, some actual requests for cars, and if it is any indication of demand, a fair few forum members in the States keeping an eye on things.

As John says, likely to be fought over. A big factor in where the price ends up is whether it is or could be road legal in the States.
    Can we ask who the owner builder or owner was? We may know some of the car's spec and history.