I am interested so am asking a question, I have built a ListerBell to what I believe is perceived to be a good result, I have absolutely no previous experience of mechanical engineering or any engineering or mechanics for that matter, I am just a petrolhead enthusiast with common sense who has worked in public service. My perception is that the Hawk is so stupidly difficult to build because it has has never had any development that the only people who have ever had any success in building one are people with an Engineering or Mechanic background. This I have to say has been largely borne out to be true by people I have met who have successfully built or are building the Hawk. Whilst the LB is making dreams come true it seems to me that the Hawk kit has broken more dreams than it has made in that there over the years have been numerous unfinished kits come up for sale etc by people who gave realised that it is beyond them, as indeed it would be beyond me. How many unfinished LB kits do you think we will see, 0 so far I think!!!!. So my question is has anyone built a Hawk kit with Zero previous experience of mechanics/engineering etc.Be interesting to know, My opinion is that the cars look similar but are actually chalk and cheese, the LB is not a kit car but is a Component Supercar, If you took a Lotus Evora apart at the side of my car it would look very similar. My car and LB has been recently featured in the "TKC magazine which to me only served to highlight the amateurish nature of this magazine due to poor journalism. The Hawk probably belongs in TKC whereas the LB is a bit more Top Gear.
As Said "devils advocate", so what do you think !!!!