Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Stratos Bodyshell

Re: Stratos Bodyshell

Quote Originally Posted by strat24v View Post
    If was actually possible to fit Hawk suspension to an original Stratos or vice versa, you would have something that looked a little like this. Don't believe the hype!
    There's Matt H's new Hawk with Stratos suspension, but that has many many mods:
    http://www.stratosec.com/Forum/showt...tradale/page3?

Free user

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Some bits will, some won't, some bits need different sized bushings but why would you want to? If you've got a steel shell/chassis then where's the point fitting anything other than the right parts? Otherwise you're just devaluing the new shell?
    Guy
    To get it on the road and enjoy without much more expense than a normal kit? You could then upgrade to the real bits over time.

Quote Originally Posted by monoposto View Post
    To get it on the road and enjoy without much more expense than a normal kit? You could then upgrade to the real bits over time.
    Will be very interesting to know which parts of this kit will fit to a "real steel body shell" ?????????????????????????????????
    Beside the front upright ...... that is anyway a Fiat part ........
    Last edited by LM mic; 13-11-2017 at 12:25.

Free user

I'm with Norm, also if it was built in the 70s by Lancia at the factory then it's a Stratos, anything else is a replica, don't matter whether the chassis is correct or the tub is steel with correct suspension and engine, it's still not a stratos and never will be. If I had enough money to build one with a "proper" type chassis and steel tub then I would forget that push things a bit further and buy a real one. They are for some bizarre reason far more available to buy than a replica which very very rarely come to market.Im holding out for £100,000 for mine when I sell it.:-)