Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lombard rally rac bath 2018 event

Re: Lombard rally rac bath 2018 event

That'd be a shame Chris - it's listed as a Stratos on entry number 88!
    http://lombardrallybath.co.uk/entry-list/
    Guy

Still think it’s a shame we have one or two club members/officials entering their replicas as Lancia’s........

Sorry to bring it up again but I think this needs attention, as doesn’t reflect very well on the club, especially on such a prominent event. If we want to be taken seriously in this company then we need to show some integrity.

Even if the organisers have done it by mistake, it should be clarified with them IMHO.
    If the cars ar registered incorrectly...then that’s a another whole world of problems.

Agreed. It's not right. I'm sure there will be something in the club rules about bringing the club name into disrepute which running replicas on events as originals certainly is.
    Last edited by strat24v; 21-06-2018 at 15:07.

Rob, John, as 'one of the club members' bringing the club into 'disrepute' let me make it very clear I very clearly told the organisers that my car is a Stratos replica. I'm not taking offence from your comments, but I'm surprised given the normal friendly way in which we treat each other on this site neither of you thought to pm me with your concerns.
    Whenever anybody asks I'm always very clear that my car is a REPLICA. Having said that I'll by quite happy to buy either/both of you a beer/coffee the next time we meet.

Do you not think it is the responsibility of all club members to try and keep the integrity of the club? and its correct that people do have concerns over what it represents.

That said, if you know who those people are and have had private word with them, as I'm sure any respectful members would have done first, and not received a reply.
    Then contact the Chairman in private, or even the event organiser if your so incensed, you never know it could be a clerical error on the events part, (Bit like the number plate being wrong?)

Lets not cast accusations in public, on an open forum.
    That does bring the club down to a lower level for anyone who reads it.
    Last edited by The Slug; 22-06-2018 at 11:31.

I would think it probably is a clerical thing.

Which ever way he's made it, I think Rob does make a valid point.

I would think your right Chris, I don't think it would have been a deliberate act by anyone on here to pass a car off as real.

SEC Member

I suppose so long as no-one's trying to pull the wool, there's no harm done. If it's been made plain the car's a replica, then you can understand event organisers just calling it a "Stratos" cos as far as Joe Public's concerned, that's what they're seeing. We're probably always going to have this scenario with any replica, although now that replicas are gaining more and more credibility and start to leave behind the "cheap and nasty kit car" label, there's less need to pretend they're something they're not... let's have a sweep on how long it is before this topic comes up again

Although, I think if I was any of the guys on here and Griff offered me a drink, I'd be wanting to see what went into it...

Speaking as one who has been misrepresented on Tour Britannia... I entered as a Hawk Stratos... but the regs and advertising said Lancia Stratos..... but to avoid future confusion / accusations I did scan my entry and saved it for a rainy day.
    I contacted the organisers and they just said "don't worry" !!!

However I do support Robs comments

On Johns point.... not ALL Stratos Replica Enthusiasts are members of our club so I guess this is down to their own conscience

As a left field thought why not just enter it as what it actually says on the V5 document (assuming that the cars are correctly registered of course!). If you are entering a Hawk then Enter it as a Hawk HF3000 (2000, 2500, 3200 etc), if you are entering a Corse then enter it as a Litton/CAE/Napiersport Corse and if you are entering an LB then enter it as an LB STR.
    That way those who are spectating may see something that looks like a Stratos go past and if they are interested in knowing more they can look at the entry list and identify which marque it is. If they want to know more still they can do an internet search which could actually educate them about the replicas and in turn then lead them to either this site or a suppliers website etc. If they see Lancia Stratos or Stratos on the entry they could simply go away thinking they've seen an actual Stratos and think that a Dino V6 sounds like an Alfa GTV6?
    Last edited by Strat Fan; 22-06-2018 at 14:20.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel