I bought a donor car before Christmas as a back up plan in case the rebuild of the 12v motor from the 164 donor that came with the kit didn't go as hoped. An engine that had sat unturned for 8 years was a risk but it turned out that it had been drained of coolant, had good oil in it and as a result the heads showed no corrosion and the rebuild was just fine.

Consequently there's a car on the drive that's got an MOT until mid August that's not going to be used by me so if anyone is looking for one it's available. But not without issues! The gear change was impossibly stiff but a little tinkering got it usable but not perfect, lever doesn't self centre but gear selection isn't hit or miss anymore. Starts fine when cold but when warm needs a few turns to get going. There were two faults stored, P0115 Coolant Temperature Circuit and P0506 Vehicle Speed Signal. I was going to change the crank sensor and coolant sensor and use the car over the last couple of months but the heater fan is intermittent, currently sulking but has come back a few times. I've not spent enough time chasing this down and won't now.

So, if there's anyone looking for a donor at the moment drop me a PM and come have a look. I'm looking for the first £850 for the car which is taxed and insured so delivery can be arranged in return for a lift home depending on distance!

Cheers
Guy