Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Stoschek Stratos - Limited Production

Cool Michael Stoschek Stratos - Limited Production

Manufacturing of a Limited Series
    Manifattura Automobili Torino and New Stratos GbR have reached an agreement for the manufacturing of a limited series of the New Stratos.
    The car developed by Michael Stoschek, Chairman of the Brose Group and famous German Entrepreneur, together with his son, and originally built by Pininfarina, has been licensed to MAT that will produce and sell a maximum of 25 units.
    Paolo Garella, presently CEO of Manifattura Automobili Torino and former Program Manager of the New Stratos Project, has obtained from Michael and Maximilian Stoschek permission to replicate the New Stratos using the same design and technologies of their car.
    The 25 units will be offered worldwide, with the customer having a choice of different options and variations. The base platform that MAT will use to build the New Stratos will allow the creation of a GT racer, a Safari version, but also a competent supercar for the daily use.
    The striking design of the New Stratos follows the lines of its world-famous predecessor offering a new exciting interpretation of the most famous and successful rally car of the past. Its lightweight design, the engine that can deliver over 550HP and the specially tuned suspensions and the ideal balance deliver an experience that no other supercar can assure on tight and twisty roads. The classic and simple car interior is a perfect example of efficient and bespoke design. It maintains the characteristics of the original car, like the integrated support for the helmets in the doors and enhances the souls and the mission of the car: making it ready to be a new, winning rally car.
    Michael Stoschek has commented on the agreement by saying: “I am delighted that other passionate car enthusiasts can experience how successor of the most fascinating rally car from the seventies still sets the bar for design and performance today”.
    Paolo Garella added: “For MAT this agreement is a further step in our growth and allows our path to becoming a true manufacturer. A small production run is a new challenge for us. To have the opportunity to build the New Stratos is a great honor and a recognition of the capabilities that MAT has acquired over the last few years. From its foundation in 2014, MAT has been involved in 4 different projects for the design and development of supercars. Now with the New Stratos we will deliver an extremely refined supercar that can be used every day but also deliver excitement and exhilarating fun on twisty roads.”
    The car in all its variants will be presented at the upcoming Geneva Motorshow at the MAT stand. Prices and terms of delivery will be announced during the event. Find more details about the car at www.new-stratos.com
    For any further information, please contact:

Manifattura Automobili Torino srl
    www.manifatturaautomobilitorino.com
    press@manifatturaautomobilitorino.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oben_offen_cut.jpg   stratos_0552d_full.jpg   TS-RG10-008.jpg  
    Last edited by Griff; 09-02-2018 at 13:50.

Re: Michael Stoschek Stratos - Limited Production

I better start selling my soul...

One assumes some sort of accommodation has been reached with Ferrari!
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

SEC Member

That's assuming it's got any Ferrari parts in it at all...maybe not? As they say in adverts, "other manufacturers are available"! Shame they're making so few though. Although even if it was a proper, low-volume production car, I still couldn't afford it! Pleased it's happening though.
    In fact, thinking about it, I hope it HASN'T got any Ferrari bits in it, then they can give Ferrari the finger for being arsey

Give me the red and white one!...

SEC Member

There are references to F430 "base" model so I'm assuming the engine and transmission are at least from Ferrari.
    Some more familiar with modern Ferrari construction may be able to say if the chassis seen in some photos on the site is a modified Ferrari item. It does say "shortened chassis" somewhere.

SEC Member

I think the F430 references relate to the original "new" Stratos which was built back in 2010. It used the F430 as a base, with a shortened chassis, and I think that part of the website dates from that time. There's a separate part with the announcement of a run of cars this year...no mention there on what parts are being used. But since Ferrari put the kybosh on them using any of their cars and even forbade their suppliers to get involved, I can't see how they've got round that ban.
    Having said that, I don't see how Ferrari could stop anyone buying a used F430 and cutting it up to make something else...after all, once you've bought a car, you can do whatever you like to it! Think a guy in America did a modern take on a P4 not so long back and Ferrari went ballistic. But like the guy said, it's not their car, it's his, so tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    I don't see how Ferrari could stop anyone buying a used F430 and cutting it up to make something else...after all, once you've bought a car, you can do whatever you like to it! Think a guy in America did a modern take on a P4 not so long back and Ferrari went ballistic. But like the guy said, it's not their car, it's his, so tough!
    Jim Glickenhaus took a Ferrari Enzo and created the Ferrari P4/5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ferrari-P4-5-by-Pininfarina_1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	12590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ferrari-P4-5-by-Pininfarina_5.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	12591
    Glickenhaus is a name you will see on the MAT website so I would imagine that they could have been involved in the P4/5 project as well. One of the shots on their website shows the second P4/5 which was a race car built on the 430 Scuderia platform.
    There are plenty of images of the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus car on their site as well.
    Last edited by Strat Fan; 10-02-2018 at 10:03.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

Shame the New Stratos won't carry the Lancia badge. I'm out. Didn't win the lottery last night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Shame the New Stratos won't carry the Lancia badge. I'm out. Didn't win the lottery last night.....
    You have to win the big lot as the car price would be around 800K€!! No parts from Ferrari would be used and the engine not sure are Ferrari one, but the italian Manufacturer need to find 25 engines powered with 550hp...new ones or overhauled ...from 430 Ferrari?!?
    More informations soon