Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGM 2018 Stoneleigh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SEC Member

AGM 2018 Stoneleigh

AGM National Kit Car Show

Its that time again folks, another year gone by and the club needs YOUR HELP.

We need your input to what direction the club should take and we need your comments (constructive) NOW.
    Basically if you don't tell the committee what you want from the club there will be a strong possibility you wont get ! and that's not good for the club, the more you put in the more you'll get out.

Also if there's anyone who feels they have the drive to offer there services as a committee member, please let me know before 30/04/17.
    The same committee has been in force for several years now and some committee members feel that they cant give any more positive input to advance the Club to the next level

A fresh face or two would be good for variety, and help spur the club onto the next level, so please let me know if you want to leave your stamp on the club, even if you cant attend on the day.

Time for the AGM will be Sunday 12.00 mid day, Prompt !

We will again have a BBQ after the AGM, if you want a drink and bring your own cup.

Jayne
    SEC Secretary

SEC Member

Re: AGM 2018 Stoneleigh

Posts that are up for re-election this year are:

Chairman
    Vice-Chairman
    Treasurer
    Regalia
    Membership
    Press
    Events
    Secretary
    Projects

The following people have confirmed they will be stepping down from the Committee in 2018:

I (Jayne) will be stepping down from Secretary
    Michel has stepped down from Project.
    Ian will be stepping down from Webmaster
    Jane will be stepping down from Treasurer.
    Last edited by The Slug; 26-04-2018 at 14:43.

As so of you know may remember, I started this club following the old one (Stratclub.com, Stratossupersite.com) disappearing.

Overnight I bought the forum, the domain, and other software, and then over the next 18 hours built it all.
    Now we had everything to start this club as our own, instead of paying others as previously, and having nothing, and I have looked after it since then.

Thankfully some of the old club members found this club, some did not!

The time has come to now pass it on. It's now time for someone else to step up and run it, and make it better.

I will help the new Webmaster as much as I can until they have got to grips with it so as not to leave you all in the lurch, but I will not be looking after the site or backups following the AGM.

The Club has purchased a laptop for the person who takes over and all the software you need will be on it.

I'm happy in the knowledge that the club I'm leaving is in a better place then any previous sites you have had before.

Kind Regards
    Ian

SEC Member

That's for sure Ian.
    Sad news that yourself and Jayne are passing on the battens.
    Can I be the first to say a huge thank you to you both?!

Thank you John.

The club is excellent, a credit to everyone involved, Thank You Ian & Jayne, see you at the AGM.
    Tim.

SEC Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Slug View Post
    As so of you know may remember, I started this club following the old one (Stratclub.com, Stratossupersite.com) disappearing.

Overnight I bought the forum, the domain, and other software, and then over the next 18 hours built it all.
    Now we had everything to start this club as our own, instead of paying others as previously, and having nothing, and I have looked after it since then.

The time has come to now pass it on. It's now time for someone else to step up and run it, and make it better.

I will help the new Webmaster as much as I can until they have got to grips with it so as not to leave you all in the lurch, but I will not be looking after the site or backups following the AGM.

The Club has purchased a laptop for the person who takes over and all the software you need will be on it.

I'm happy in the knowledge that the club I'm leaving is in a better place then any previous sites you have had before.

Kind Regards
    Ian
    Thanks to Jayne and Ian for the tremendous effort and time they have spent on behalf of us all. I can't organize my own dinner money let alone all the stuff and gubbins they have dealt with so brilliantly.Well done and good luck in the future, ps. if ever near Wrexham call in for a cuppa. All the best Dag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Slug View Post

Kind Regards
    Ian

URGENT

We have all by now had the chance to read and discuss Ian's comments, yet no one appears to have grasped the severity of his resignation as Webmaster.

As many have posted their appreciation of the tremendous amount of time and effort Ian has put into the rebirth of this very popular club / website, without him none of this would have happened. and it will END / FINISH if no one comes forward to manage the website (simple as).

Ian has done a fantastic job of pulling this club together after the "Strat Club" Died. Its taken a lot of hard graft to get this Club up and running, and the majority of the work has been done by Ian, closely followed by Carol. I cannot find a level high enough to thank Ian enough for what he has done selflessly for this club. But all I can do is say THANK YOU IAN. I do hope all the rest of you will also show your appreciation, because without this club you will have no one to ask when your build hits a snag or what part fits what and where to get one etc etc etc.

It seem such a waste after all the tremendous effort Ian has put into this site, HIS site, ( some of the members of the previous "Strat Club" site falsely think this club is owned by Gerry (Hawk cars) IT IS NOT. so those members who think that, I suggest you keep it out untill you KNOW what your on about).Sorry about that but I cant stand idle Whingers. You know the type, Tell you how it should be done but run a mile when asked for help.

We don't need a computer genius,( Ian's done all that), the Website is PERFECT AS IT IS. It wont need any alterations just regular updated and dealing with the less capable members who cant find their way on the site, or have pressed the wrong buttons. Anything more than that Ian has said he would help with untill the new Webmaster gets to grips with the site.

If you think that you could do this, PLEASE let us know, even if you just want to know what the job involves, YOU will not be press ganged into the job just for asking. PM Ian or myself with a contact no and we'll have a chat.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Mel
    SEC Chairman

I have only just joined the club, having been luck enough (I think) to acquire a Stratos Rep.

Ian has been great for the short time I have been here, and would be happy to discuss whats entailed with the running of the site, I work in IT, and have done web design and hosting before, just need to look at how much time needs to be set aside to keep it going

I will be at Stoneleigh this year

Will PM my mobile across to you if you want to chat this weekend

Regards Steve

I'll add my thanks to Ian, and agree with all Mel has said.
    The old supersite was lost and the club nearly disappeared then.
    Ian has done a fantastic job to get us where we are today.
    Struan
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com