Thread: Alfa 156 V6 For Sale

SEC Member

Alfa 156 V6 For Sale

Gang,

Finally decided to sell my late-98 156 V6. I bought it back in November 2016 with the idea of using it as a donor for a LB kit, but circumstances changed and I ended up going Toyota.
    It's a really nice car, 110K miles and running beautifully. I've had a few trips out in the intervening time and it's never missed a beat, and it's just such a lovely thing to drive. In fact I was minded to just keep it, but with the arrival of the chassis, a general lack of space and loads of other stuff that demands my time, I think it's time for it to go.

4 owners from new, including me, new clutch master and slave cylinders when I bought it, couple of months MOT left on it. All books, both keys, loads of receipts from previous owners. Timing belt was done at 81K (from memory) but you'd be swapping that anyway. CF2 spec so decent manifolds and single lambda. Aircon doesn't - could just need a re-gas, but never bothered investigating.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that the 2.5 is the way to go if you're after Alfa power. Not massively rapid, but with the lower final drive, a bit of a rev-happy thing... if big power was what you were after, you'd want a Toyota mota.

Prices of all the Alfa V6's seem to be on the rise as they become more scarce, so I think £1000 for a decent 156 like this is entirely reasonable. That's actually just about what it stands me so I'm not profiteering, and I'm not open to any offers ta!

I'm in the North West, St Helens to be exact, about 12 miles from Liverpool. As the car's actually road legal I suppose I could deliver it to save all that mucking about with tax, so long as you could get me home again somehow!

Cheers

Norm

Free user

Re: Alfa 156 V6 For Sale

Hello Norm,
    Hopefully you will have received an email from me regarding the 156. Please let me know if not!

Thanks.

SEC Member

Yo Haydn,

Car still here, replied via "proper" email....

Cheers

Norm

Free user

Hi Norm,

Thanks - I've replied!

Haydn

Sorry to jump on this thread Norm but I also have a complete Alfa 156 V6 (1998) with V5 for sale if anyone is interested. It failed its MOT due to chassis rot but the mechanicals are complete and working and the engine has done 113k. The car is on a SORN. I bought it as a spare but have since bought a re- built 3 ltr engine in addition to my other 2.5ltr - so it is now surplus to requirements. I bought it for £400 so would sell it for same (the non-engine spares would probably sell for more than that if you sold them on E-bay) You would need a trailer to collect - PM me if interested.
    Thanks

Peter

PM'd you SF

SEC Member

My car now sold - full asking price paid and it's not going to be broken for use as a donor, it's staying as is. The guy who bought it (Haydn, as above) said he'd been looking for a while for a decent car....so I guess they ARE getting rarer!