Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NORTHERN TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

SEC Member

Re: NORTHERN TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

Hi Gang, ta to Ian and Phil for the bump (preferable to a jump, in this instance...) and the call to arms.

At the moment we've got 5 couples staying over, maybe 6 - I wasn't given a "minimum number" for the discount but based on last year's do I reserved 10 rooms. I'd hope we'd be alright if we could get 8, but I'll hang on to see if we get any more takers before going back to the hotel in a week or two.

Like Ian says, doesn't matter what you drive. Last year we had Porsches, Fords, a Citroen, an MGB and even a Nissan Micra, among others. I certainly won't be in a Stratos as it's still just a pile of bits in the garage!

C'mon folks - roll up, roll up, step right this way....

Would have loved to come to this,could have thrown it open to the TRDrivers group,but I just cannot plan anything at the moment due to me waiting on my bypass operation,should have been 16th April but been cancelled!

SEC Member

You can come anyway, we'll probably be doing the odd bypass as part of the route!
    Seriously tho, hope you get a date soon and get sorted...must be a big strain waiting on something like that.

All,

Just swapped a few emails with the hotel - we're OK for the discount price even with the low numbers. If you've already put your name down, I've told them who you are (and they're STILL letting us come...) so if you call them and say you're with the "Briers" group, they'll relieve you of £25 per person. Also tell them if it's one or two nights - I think we're all down for the Friday and Saturday at the mo'.

Anyone else wants to come, great, more the merrier! But the later you leave it, the less chance of there being rooms left - and don't forget to tell me you're coming too, please

Hotel is the SHAP WELLS HOTEL, and the number is 01931 716628.

More info as I invent it...

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    You can come anyway, we'll probably be doing the odd bypass as part of the route!
    Seriously tho, hope you get a date soon and get sorted...must be a big strain waiting on something like that.

All,

Just swapped a few emails with the hotel - we're OK for the discount price even with the low numbers. If you've already put your name down, I've told them who you are (and they're STILL letting us come...) so if you call them and say you're with the "Briers" group, they'll relieve you of £25 per person. Also tell them if it's one or two nights - I think we're all down for the Friday and Saturday at the mo'.

Anyone else wants to come, great, more the merrier! But the later you leave it, the less chance of there being rooms left - and don't forget to tell me you're coming too, please

Hotel is the SHAP WELLS HOTEL, and the number is 01931 716628.

More info as I invent it...

deposit paid...

In Germany that weekend..... Sorry Norm! Next time!

SEC Member

Never mind Guy, we'll leave a gap in any group piccies which is where you'd have been...if you've got a cardboard cutout we can use instead, though... haha

I'll get one sent to you Norm...

Deposit paid

David

SEC Member

Time for an update on this....

Had a run round the route today - clocked 175 miles starting from the hotel and back. Timing-wise I reckon if we start at 10am we'll be getting back about 6pm. I've got a stop about an hour in that I need to make sure of (they were closed today) and another further round. Roads are great fun and there was nowhere that should cause anyone any probs.

Checked with the hotel and there are still a few rooms available if anyone else wants to come along and stop over. Also fine if anyone wants to just do the run - Bob, Martin, you said at the AGM you might be interested? I was only kidding when I said you were trouble last year...OK, I wasn't, but you're still welcome

So as they say in all the best circuses (circii?), roll up, roll up, for the time of your lives. Or just "life" if you're not of the reincarnation persuasion :-P

SEC Member

And in yet more event news, we're now booked in for a visit to Solway Aviation Museum where you get to be close-up to some cool post-war jets, including Hawker Hunter, English Electric Lightning, Mcdonnell Douglas Phantom and...an Avro Vulcan! And, if you so desire, you even get to sit in yon big thing's cockpit! It's sick squid entry fee, but that's a paltry sum for all those and all the exhibitions there too.
    Only thing is, how many will want to spend the day there rather than continue on the run...