Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NORTHERN TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

Re: NORTHERN TOUR/DRIVE-OUT - SAT 4th AUGUST 2018

If I was coming on the trip then I'd be a pig in shit poking my nose into stuff like that! Unfortunately we're in Germany that weekend...
    Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    And in yet more event news, we're now booked in for a visit to Solway Aviation Museum where you get to be close-up to some cool post-war jets, including Hawker Hunter, English Electric Lightning, Mcdonnell Douglas Phantom and...an Avro Vulcan! And, if you so desire, you even get to sit in yon big thing's cockpit! It's sick squid entry fee, but that's a paltry sum for all those and all the exhibitions there too.
    Only thing is, how many will want to spend the day there rather than continue on the run...
    Sounds good to me !............. however "H" may want to do summat else !... LOL

SEC Member

Finally, for all those coming on the Big Gig (and, I suppose, those who're not), here's the route instructions. Kick-off will be 10 o'clock from the hotel, so those not staying over on the Friday will need to be there about half 9ish. On the run, only got us booked in to the one place (the museum) - for eats and drinks I've made a few suggestions in the directions, based on how everyone seemed happy doing their own thing last year. And nowt particular arranged for the Sunday, but that doesn't mean we can't do summat after deciding between us! - although I do have a fairly serious barney pencilled in between me and Leah, if anyone fancies alternative entertainment...

So, attendees from the Club:

Phil & Helen Dolby
    David & Pat Jowsey
    Ian & Jayne Ford
    John & Carol Butterfield
    Oh, and me and Leah.

There's another 11 peeps coming as well, so an interesting mix of motors (and people!) Should be a Fun Run!

I'll drop another few lines on here nearer the time, plus any updates on anything that you'll need to know about, but as they say, we're good to go! (and hopefully come back too.)Shap and the Pennines - 4-8-18.docShap and the Pennines - 4-8-18.doc
    Last edited by The Slug; 19-07-2018 at 15:09.

SEC Member

Ah, it appears that for some reason there are two copies of the directions attached...doesn't mean you have to go round twice (but you can if you want!) Hey ho, never mind!

SEC Member

Hi Norm
    Ok if I tag along for the day. Some starter motor issues so hopefully a few slopes around at the stops.

Cheers

SEC Member

Hi Mart,

Sure you can tag along, will you make your way down to the hotel or do you want to join somewhere further north, say at the museum? If you wanted to dive off earlier as well you could peel off at Alston, or even Langwathby if you like.

Should be enough of us about to give you a push if the starter won't play ball

Norm

Hi Norm
    I'd also like to join in for part of the day on Sat if that"s okay.
    Will meet up with you at the Solway Aviation museum guessing you'll be there around 1030-1100.

Rgds Bob

SEC Member

Bob, we're aiming to get to the museum at about 11:00. I'm not sure whether we're paying for entry individually or whether they're just taking the whole lot from my card in one go - should find out early in the week, so keep an eye on the thread. Be good to see yez!

SEC Member

First cock-up spotted....doing a sanity check of the route versus what I jokingly refer to as "directions", it seems I missed a left turn at instruction (26) - now amended, but it means if you've already taken a copy you'll need to add this one in, or use this new set (attached).

Also created a doc showing where you can fill up (the car, not you!) - hope it makes sense...

Incompetent Norm
    Attached Files Attached Files

SEC Member

Final reminder of this weekend's Big Gig - those who're staying over tomorrow, check-in at the hotel is after 3pm and dinner will be at 8 (to give anyone travelling after work time to get there). Brekky is from 7:30, run starts at 10, (hopefully) ends about half 5 and dinner Saturday is half 7. Fancy dress is optional, but would anyone be able to tell the difference anyway...

See y'all soon!