Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best events to see lots of Stratos cars

Re: Best events to see lots of Stratos cars

So long as they’re not entered as Lancia though eh?
    Like the ones in the Trasmieria Festival?......
    Last edited by Sando; 22-06-2018 at 19:34.

You want to get your facts right before you speak ...3 Hawks of various ages .1 original Stratos 1974 and 1 Stratos 1974 which when first quizzed was genuine but later admitted it had lister bell parts on it. Then when Dave Evans name came up he admitted what it was.
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

Hopefully I’m not going to offend anyone ......but I did check the entry list this year first.
    This is how the rest of the club saw us represented.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 83319807-CDBF-4C45-ABDF-0FA4FAD3EFA7.jpg  

Nice to have a follower (or stalker). But you didn't get the programme did you. I'll post that later it will also show the others (the ones you have omitted to show (conveniently).

Blimey you cut and paste a bit of an entry list...... I said hopefully this doesn’t offend anyone!

No idea what on earth is being said about John, firstly i have always made out and place any entry forms to any events we have ever attended not john, i just ask him for any information that is needed that i am not sure of in filling out these forms as they vary at times i.e make model etc, as (LANCIA STRATOS HAWK REPLICA. ENGINE SIZE ETC.) i have never said or stated at any time on any application anything different than it is a Lancia Stratos Hawk Replica.
    I contacted Tim Nash to see where we stood, in this matter, see below my email and Tim's reply.
    I cannot see why i need to apologize to all the SEC members for errors that are made by the publishing organizers of the events about Johns car, with being a club committee member makes things even worst on this matter. If any member wishes me to resign, please feel free to pm me.

(Carol

I will have a look over the weekend, but as far as I remember your car is listed as a replica. You didn't enter as the "real" thing, I do remember that.

Whatever it is listed as, how would you like the car listed when the programme is printed?

Tim Nash
    Last edited by The Slug; 26-06-2018 at 01:48.

SEC Member

As suspected, a simple admin error. Now let's all chill out, move on, and get back to moaning about summat else that's likely even more important, such as the price of beer, and asking the really hard questions, like "why has a milking stool only got 3 legs?"

The Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    As suspected, a simple admin error. Now let's all chill out, move on, and get back to moaning about summat else that's likely even more important, such as the price of beer, and asking the really hard questions, like "why has a milking stool only got 3 legs?"

The Norm
    Not Quite Norm I think an apology is required.

It's down to the entrant to make sure the entry is correct. If you are looking for an apology from me, you'll be waiting a long time.
    If we are being picky, is it a transformer or a hawk? Two different companies.
    Last edited by strat24v; 24-06-2018 at 11:10.

Well done Carol ! Glad you got to them to change it on the published entry list.

Whilst bringing this to the fore on the forum, it is something I spoke to John about at Stoneleigh face to face, and I hope you understand it was with the best interests of the reputation of the club that it has been brought up for discussion with John, and on here. As until you’ve emailed them this weekend, nothing had been done to ensure it was correct on the published entry list, for what is a very high profile event.
    There are other entry’s on there that clearly state their cars are Hawks (in this instance) So something may have been done differently.

We used to be an MSA affiliated club, I dont believe that they would accept anything other than the manufacturers of our cars clearly stated for event entry’s and log books. Maybe it’s these standards we should be aiming for as a club, and ensuring organisers list the cars correctly.
    As I posted on the other thread, my opinion is that this is something we need to be sharper on as a club, if we are to be taken seriously on these events.

Last edited by Sando; 24-06-2018 at 21:42.