Thread: Hello, and a proposition for 50/50 share in a LB kit

SEC Member

Hello, and a proposition for 50/50 share in a LB kit

Hello all
    Just joined. Recently been reminiscing about my interest in the WRC years ago. Always loved the Stratos. I am very interested in a LB kit. However, we expect to be purchasing a property in France next year. To ease the finances I was wondering if any non-owner member would be interested in splitting the cost with me. I live in the East Midlands, and am capable of building the car.
    Thanks all
    Glad to be in the club

Re: Hello, and a proposition for 50/50 share in a LB kit

Interesting idea. other than a couple of brother pairs, I don't think I've heard of a dual-owned car.

SEC Member

Time share Stratos was one of Lionels wackier ideas. Not that there were many sensible ones........
    It works for narrowboats but usually managed by a company.
    I wish you luck and its a good idea if you can make it work with someone. I've often said they are a very expensive thing to have languishing in the garage and not used very often. Just don't ask to borrow mine!!☺️

SEC Member

Hi all

Can't see why it can't be made to work. I own a half share in a Glider, most gliders in the UK are bought by syndicates made up of usually 2 to 4 individuals. As per a car they require maintenance, insured and a yearly MOT plus updates of instruments / systems etc. You need to lay down the rules before buying and choose syndicate partners carefully. So good luck with the project but personally I think it has potential.

cheers

Steve

Not helpful to Stratos-Si, but my step son Nick and I have gone halves on our LB kit - it certainly reduces the financial challenge and ensures we can bore each other silly with discussing the finer details - the one down side is I'm retired and he's a junior doctor (with a 2 year old) - and our free time doesn't often coincide...

SEC Member

Hi again
    Thank you for the positive comments. No takers yet, but the offer is still open. Think I will place a deposit anyway. The eighteen month waiting list is bad enough, don't want to wait any longer !