Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KITFEST 2019

Re: KITFEST 2019

It's this weekend!

We should have tarmac space set aside for 10 cars by the club stand. I have also asked for some generous space on the grass for camping, motor homes and trailers.

There are no club stand passes to hand out, but it should be obvious that those of us with cars are there for the stand and you should be directed to the tarmac area where space has been allocated for us. Let them know you are displaying with SEC. You will need to relocate your trailers and motor homes onto the grass after unloading your cars. You WILL need your tickets as well.

Peter C has the club gazebo and will arrive about 9am on Sat for set-up.

I will arrive about 8am Sat (driving my Zenith STR). I will have a couple of chairs but no table which we'll have to sort out on the day, any assistance on this would be well received. I have a flatscreen TV with a rolling club video, powered from a car battery and inverter, to encourage people to come to our stand and enjoy our company and merchandise. If I get time I will employ a weightloss programme on the car (and myself) and have a go on the strip as well.

Looking forward to it and catching up with you all

Mark
    Last edited by Redline; 13-06-2019 at 21:36.
    "a theory should be as simple as possible, but not simpler"

SEC Member

I'll only be there on the Sunday, but no car yet...well, not a Stratos-shaped one, anyway. If I bring a scale model can I park that on the club stand? Aw go on...

Just been looking at the weather for Santa Pod at the weekend and according to the BBC at the moment it should be dry. For those who have not been to a 1/4 mile track before if it starts raining all runs down the strip will be suspended until the the rain has stopped and the track has dried out. Don't forget your helmets if you want to run the 1/4 mile but if your car will not exceed 110mph you don't need one.............. (statement on FAQ's on Santa Pod website)

I'll have to park the R8 discretely next to the club stand.............
    Hawk HF3000 - Engine: Alfa GTV 3.0L 24v V6, Dry Sump - Gearbox: Sadev 6 Speed Sequential ST90-14 - Suspension: Nitron 3 Way Adjustable - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive - Tyres: Pirelli P7 Corsa

SEC Member

Sorry but have had to cancel I've had a bit of flooding.

So much to good plans...........................sorry can't make it now.
    Hawk HF3000 - Engine: Alfa GTV 3.0L 24v V6, Dry Sump - Gearbox: Sadev 6 Speed Sequential ST90-14 - Suspension: Nitron 3 Way Adjustable - Wheels: Hawk Compomotive - Tyres: Pirelli P7 Corsa

For those who are around on Sun, once you get in the main entrance, proceed into the circuit looking to the right for the SEC banners in the camping area. You should find Carol and John who have the passes to get you to the Club area. You should get one and then Find us round the far side of the strip (marshals will guide you)
    "a theory should be as simple as possible, but not simpler"

SEC Member

Well that was an interesting experience. All seemed a touch haphazard and not that well attended by the kit fraternity - as Dave Evans pointed out, not a single Cobra!! - but it's the first running of this event, and you've gotta be grateful that the organisers pulled it together, so I remain optimistic for the next one.

Good to see old faces and say Hi to some new ones, and thanks to Carol and John for taking their motorhome down and running the regalia thing again (and apparently it wasn't them who took their motorhome down the strip...26 sec standing quarter and a terminal speed of 50mph...), and to Mark for running with the event from a SEC perspective. Cheers!

It was a little bit 'spot the kit car' wasn't it? - I enjoyed it though. Good to catch up with Simon, and to meet new friends in Mark, David and Norm. The 2 LB's that were present, definitely whetted the appetite for my own that's arriving next year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1b8.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	15011

Name:	P1004578.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	15012

Name:	P1004591.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	15013

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1b9.jpg 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	15014

Name:	P1004588.jpg 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	15015

SEC Member

I particularly like the pic of the handsome fat bald guy, with Dave Evans' car making it into shot slightly.