Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Everything.

For Sale: Everything.

I guess I should really admit it and just accept that over the years my priorities have changed and that finishing the car is probably as unlikely as me winning the lottery and so "For Sale: Everything".

So what's for sale?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Curborough 2015 1.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	609.4 KB 
ID:	14333

Here's a brief summary:

• Unfinished Hawk Stradale kit, approximately 8 years old
    • '99 Alfa 3L 24v V6 engine, approx 52k miles on clock
    • Emerald ECU
    • V5 for donor car, though as the car has been through an initial IVA this is now less important
    • 5 (yes, five) Hawk gold coffin spoke wheels and tyres (8"x15")
    • Roof and rear wings (never fitted)
    • Alternate spare wheels
    • Fitted heated wind screen and spare unheated (with alloy frame edge from Hawk)
    • Glass side windows fitted (I probably have the perspex ones, somewhere)
    • Set of boot and bonnet catches
    • Spares for all sorts of things (Alfa callipers, Fiat front stub axles)
    • Road Trailer (yes, including a PRG E-Tech open trailer and straps wide enough for a Grp 4 if required)

This is hardly a comprehensive list, but a is a summary.

The car needs finishing work in a number of areas, so this isn't a "buy, tighten a few things, and re-IVA", but is still much further ahead than new kit. At the end of the day, this car has been working.

If anyone is interested then please drop me a PM with your contact details and, when I have put together a detailed inventory of what's included with pictures, I'll email that out and ask for offers.

I am realistic and pragmatic about value given the condition of the kit and what's required for a proper job to be completed. I simply don't have the drive or the money available to do so myself.

Re: For Sale: Everything.

Jeff

Im Gobsmacked
    Welsh piloti rally sono i migliori del mondo

Jeff - very sorry that you are not going to get it on the road. I hope you will continue to be involved - in some capacity - in the club and we can continue to meet up occasionally.

Peter

Sad news Jeff. The time and effort it takes to put a Hawk kit together properly is a pretty daunting task. I completely understand why some people don't quite make it.

Just time to be honest with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Just time to be honest with myself.
    There'd be a lot of projects for sale if we were all honest with ourselves?

I do understand though Jeff.

SEC Member

Jeff, I totally "get" where you're at with this decision. I think it's very brave of you to decide to let something go that obviously meant so much to you, so you're to be applauded for Doing The Right Thing and getting your life back. I know there are many out there that take years and years assembling a kit and getting it "just so", but personally I couldn't ever see myself spending more than a couple of years on a build, simply because I don't actually enjoy spannering all that much, which is one of the reasons I went for a LB (quite straightforward and minimal chance of cocking it up totally. Honest!).
    However, before you do the deed - is there no way you could get someone else to finish it for you, even if it means taking out a loan? Because even allowing for that extra outlay, you'll get more for a built and roadworthy car, so even though you might be done and dusted with it, it could make more sense financially to do that? Just a thought...

Wow Jeff, what a decision to make. Although I am a Newbie to the forum and at the early stages of putting together my plan, you are obviously at the other end of that equation. Must agree with Norm, is there not an option of getting someone to finish the car for a fee? You would have the satisfaction of a finished car and you would expect a comensurate increase in financial recompense for all the years of hard work that you have obviously put in to this project. Good luck!
    I have lots of hidden talents. The problem is, even I can't find them!

Ade

Thanks for all the thoughts on the "there must be another way" lines, but my aspirations and ability to fund and achieve them have changed over the years. I am living on about a third of what I used to have available to me so the Hawk is really not something I can justify any more. It is time to move on.

I have been persuaded to pursue an alternative plan for the car, so for the time being the sale is "on hold". Watch this space.