Guys and Gals,

Yes, it's the moment you've all (probably not) been waiting for - confirmation that the 2019 Northern Drive-Out is on!

After last year's fun and games at the Shap Wells Hotel, I thought we'd give it another go this year. I've reserved 10 double rooms for the Friday (9th) and Saturday (10th), at a rate of £114 per room per night on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. That doesn't mean that more rooms can't be allocated, or that you can't have a twin, or even a single - it's just a sort of placeholder thing.

If you fancy it (and why not??), you'll need to give them a bell and leave a £70 deposit, telling them you're with the "Briers" group.

Phone number is 01931 716628, and if you didn't go last year but fancy seeing what the place is like, their website is www.shapwellshotel.com.

I've already got a route in mind, which I think could be interesting - but no stopoffs this time (except for eats and drinks). I'll have to try it out shortly to get timings and see if it's doable - let y'all know about that.

I'm looking forward to it already....it says here

Norm