Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Northern Drive-Out - Sat 10th August 2019

Re: Northern Drive-Out - Sat 10th August 2019

PS... I took this photo on one of the practice runs... this is what the horizon was supposed to look like on Hartside!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65291624_2257257731056396_8209772957728243712_n.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	15286
    Richard C

SEC Member

Thanks All, glad you enjoyed it! And as mentioned, the weather kinda made the whole thing seem more of an adventure. That and the overturned van on the Bellingham road, right on the blind bend. At least the tyres were pointing "outwards" so anyone hitting it woulda bounced off....maybe
    Poor old Dave in his V6 Exige (not a club member, but ex-Hawk owner) got inundated, so much so that he ended up with 3" of water in the passenger footwell. I'll be dropping off his prize of a white whale for "Best Captain Nemo Impersonation" later in the week. (OK, not a whale, it'll be a goldfish so he can keep it in the footwell.)

Some good pix there too - thanks for sharing! Neil, the sheep were showing you their arses cos they thought that was how you liked 'em Shameless temptresses. And Richard's shot of the Spyder at Hartside back in June proves my suspicion that I used up all the sun I booked for the event, during the sighting runs (the follow-on check run a fortnight last Thursday was in temps of 32 degrees...)

Norman, now reflecting on a memorable weekend. As David J has already said the rain was of Biblical proportions, we now know what must have prompted Noah to set out on his project!!

We were lucky on the way up to Keilder as we were following some very, very enthusiastic Road Racing Cyclists, and were able to judge the depth of the "pop up lakes" by whether their feet and chain wheels were under water.

The run and weekend had everything, great fun, copious laughter, aching sides, views to look at noted in the route instructions that couldn't be viewed due to being in the clouds!!! and never ending vertical stair rod rain.

We managed to cover the whole of your route which will be remembered by us for ever. (not for the route, as we could only see water for most of it).

Norman, we do have great faith in you, you're organisation was great, but please stop singing, especially in the week before the next one!!!!

Robin & Carol, founder members of the SEC Sub Aqua Section.

PS. Official record for rainfall shows that Kielder Castle had 132mm on Saturday 10th Aug.
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 12-08-2019 at 11:38.

SEC Member

That wasn't singing, it was Leah causing me pain...again

Just goes to prove, though, that it's the people that ultimately make the event. So Thanks for coming, and trusting me to show you a good time (ooer)....you fools.

I'm seriously considering Carol's suggestion that next year, we do the same route again, and this time fingers X'ed you can actually see something rather than what seems like being inside a power shower. Her suggestion of some sort of short-cut breakout in case the drive gets a bit much, has been duly noted and already acted upon!

Record rainfall? Yeah, felt like it too, and I think most of it ended up inside Dave's Exige

A Plea because of memory loss!!!

Can whoever it was that I was discussing Scissor Lifts with at the Hotel the other weekend, when I said I was trying to locate the maker of one that I had seen at the 'The International Autosport Show' a couple of years ago, and who suggested a possible maker, please remind me who that was!!!.

I have already tried the possible suspects to no avail.

Robin
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 21-08-2019 at 13:51.

Hi Robin,

It wasn't me, but could it have been these:

https://sm-t.co.uk/product-category/.../mobile-lifts/

The company is called Strongman Tools, based in Southam, Warwickshire.

BR

Dave

Hi Robin,

It may have been me but have other things on my mind... Have a look here https://www.automotechservices.co.uk/ those are the ones I bought a fair selection
    Regards
    Ian

I got mine from here Robin..... http://www.bhrepairs.co.uk/