Thread: Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale

SOLD - Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale

Time to sell the old truck. We hardly need one car, yet we have 3, and I'm building another.

Late 2006, 56 plate.
    Dark blue metallic
    Overland spec, grey interior, sunroof, NAV, pleather and suede seats, "wood" trim , power memory drivers seat, memory radio (seat and radio settings follow the key that is assigned to a given memory), power passenger seat, TPMS and a bunch of other stuff I forget.
    96k miles
    Prinz multipoint LPG system with 105l toroid tank under boot floor (where the spare usually sits). Also has 'valve saver' fluid injection option fitted. Not strictly required for the Hemi, but I'm paranoid.
    5.7l Hemi V8 (330bhp 375ft/lb)
    Quadra-DriveII 4WD system with electronics diffs.
    Tow hitch with removable ball.
    Bury BlueTooth phone interface.

£7500

Full disclosure of everything I know - don't want to waste anyones time.

Service history was main dealer bar the service before we got it, and it's been DIY since. (I wrongly thought it was patchy before but recently checked the paperwork - it isn't patchy at all. Idiot).

All current recalls done. Last one introduced an 'issue' that Jeep won't fix without putting a new transfer box in it (at owners expense). If battery goes flat or is disconnected, next time you try to engage LOW RANGE it throws an error and refuses to engage, then keeps bleating about 'service 4WD system'. It drives normally in high range in this state. This can be fixed by a little routine (details provided) that takes 2 minutes, costs nothing and the fault goes away until battery is next removed (or totally drained). After the fix, low & high range work normally. Feel free to Google this one - consensus is it's a firmware error more than anything else, backed up by the fact the thing was fine before the last recall for a firmware upgrade.

Slight fluid leak (so slight there isn't even a mark on the drive) from transmission coolant lines near radiator - seems to be a stock feature on a Jeep. A Cherokee I used to have was the same. I bought new cooler lines but never got round to fitting them - included in sale.

Drivers door mirror glass is going a bit 'funky'.

Occasional harsh upshift from 3rd when on very light throttle. Silky smooth under all other conditions. Has done this since we got it.

During my ownership, it's had the following: I put a new starter motor on it, new ABS sensors on right side (Only 1 was faulty, I changed the wrong one first...), one new lambda probe, new lower front wishbone balljoints, new front diff mounting rubbers ( a known issue with these), new windscreen washer pump, new tailgate struts.

Done just over 15k miles in the 8 years we've had it.

4 excellent Goodyear M&S tyres (almost no miles on them). Decent spare.

Located near Evesham, Worcestershire.
    Last edited by NoCorseChris; 31-03-2021 at 18:20.

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale

I knew my hi-pressure sales tactics would pay off -Jeep now sold. I hope it's as good to the new owner as it has been to me.

...and I'd be much happier if it had been the Merc driving away this afternoon and not the Jeep.

Had a result myself this week Chris!

About 3 months ago an Alfa 159 appeared on Facebook with the owner asking what a tanned (?) Ti Sportwagon with 204,000 miles was worth. Nobody gave him any idea but I asked about it having worked out and confirmed that tanned meant a tan interior. Which I've been looking for for a few years. Apparently it was in great condition and pictures were sent. It was!

So things went quiet for a while until 4 weeks ago I got a message out of the blue from the owner to say he needed to move it quickly as the pregnancy that caused the car's purchase had turned into twins. Oops. Oh, and its got 3 weeks MOT left. Price of £700 agreed and car collected once insurance and tax was organised. Owner apologises that the engine management light was on. Oh well, I'm breaking it for spares so no great loss. Car was listening. EML promptly goes out as I set out for the drive home. Which was actually a whole lot more pleasant than I was expecting.

The following week I can't bring myself to kill it so I decide to check it over and fix 2 bulbs that were out, fill an empty washer bottle and fix 2 screen jets, Gun Gum on a couple of obvious exhaust leaks and take it tom my regular MOT place. Where it fails on headlamp aim and one broken spring pan. £130 later and it's got a full ticket and is looking good. Quick wash and polish and it's loads better! Two rear windows fixed for £42 (two regulators and a fuse) followed swiftly by interior swaps between the cars and onto eBay. Where it sells for £1700 a week later!

And on the journey to deliver it the EML light comes back on. And goes off 30 miles later. And on again 10 miles from delivery. Refund offered obviously as the fault wasn't listed in the description but the buyer says no, let's chuck a diagnostic tool on it and finds the issue - inlet pressure sensor - and keeps the car. Perfect. next day texts to say it was gummed up (as was the MAF) so both cleaned, fault cleared and doesn't come back. Everyone happy!

Nice one Guy. My stories usually go the other way - buy high and sell low