Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Garage Day Buxton Derbyshire

Re: Garage Day Buxton Derbyshire

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks for arranging today's meet.
    Good to catch up with folk and see some new faces.
    Heading North there was no escape from the rain until Wetherby.

Best rgds Bob

SEC Member

Indeedy, a most excellent day, even allowing for the wet bits! Good to see everyone and have a chat. Glad you all enjoyed the pies - made a change from HobNobs! Not many takers for the custard tarts though so ended up bringing 6 home...only to find Leah'd been out and bought a boxful...probably find meself arrested and in custardy

Also, about 10 mins after everyone had left - well, apart from me and Bob - this turned up...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190928_143652.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	15500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190928_143635.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	15501

Soz, they won't rotate! Grrr!

Anyway, it's a genuine Shelby (copy, not original!) with a 6.2-litre LS2 motor. Verrrry nice....

So, Big Ta to Gordon for hosting the day, and a decent turn-out with Dave and Bob travelling quite a distance, so respect to them! Wondering if the garage day thing is so popular cos you can decide whether you're coming right up to the day before? Hm. Looking forward to the next one...!
    -

Gordon, James and I thank for your hospitality, now home and just catching up, after our first run of any significance.

Nick, thanks for your help, had we turned into Gordon's at the first attempt we may not have suffered the problem as it all happened about 100 yards down the road, fortunately. We realised that everything was going at the time, blower fan flat out, lights, wiper flat out, all dash instruments and the electrically assisted steering, I've had enough cried the respective fuse!!!

Really grateful Gordon that you had a replacement fuse.

In answer to your comment re needing the wiper, we headed for Congleton!! (bad move) And headed into rain of Biblecal proportions, wiper working ok until it stopped !!! however quick as a flash, looking at the dash realised that all the guages were still functioning this time, and seeing that the blade was about to wipe the bonnet, killed the switches. Only loose on the spindle this time. Spanners out, back in the car more than a bit wet, screen fogs up, reluctant to use full fan or screen heat for obvious reasons, so drive through pi...ng rain, cloud and internal fog, just like rallying in the 60s again, although it was the younger generation driving this time, I was shouting the corners!!!

Craig, very pleased not to get wet when in the car, (we only got wet out of it) only the very odd drip through the roof vent, after comments from others that I may need sailing water proofs, very pleased.

Quote:- Robin, hope you made it back with functional wind screen wipers, even though 10 miles south of Buxton it was sunshine and dry roads so you probably didn't need them!
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 29-09-2019 at 01:22.

'Glad you all had a good day.
    I've spun 3 of those photos around for you:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190928_143635.jpg   20190928_143652.jpg   IMG_1526.jpg  

That "Shelby"registration is a recent DVLA pre 63 car??????

SEC Member

Ta Chris, much better the right way up

The car's one of those modern "continuation" thingies that Shelby does so it's got aircon, modern flush-fit door handles, etc. etc. Guess he's just put a "personalised" plate on it?

Nice motor though. Looked properly sorted with such things as custom-shaped rubber side window seals and the like. Sounded the biz too through those sidepipes!
    Last edited by Normb666; 29-09-2019 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancialulu View Post
    Looks like it was IVA'd/Registered in October 2011.
    I'm guessing it's a Superformance who market their Coupe as the Shelby Daytona Coupe. See HERE
    Strictly it should be registered as a Superformance but some considered wording on the V5 application may have resulted in what you now see on the DVLA website.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel

A bit more info for you on the Shelby. Built by HiTech Auto (who brand is Superformance) under licence from Shelby. The car was the first RHD car built for the RR Financial Director. He specified a $20,000 option to have it registered as a Shelby. It has the correct chassis number CSX9122 (X for eprort) and was number 122 in the series. So no smoke and mirrors at DVLA on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancialulu View Post

SEC Member

When he told me it was a Shelby, I assumed it was an American-made motor made by them, same as the Cobras they do. Knew about the Superformance ones, and their Cobras are Shelby-authorised, so... am I wrong/confused and ALL the Shelby motors are made by Superformance? Actually...why am I asking that, on a Stratos website...!
    No wonder it looked properly put together though, HiTech are mahooosive. Biggest auto plant in South Africa, I believe. (Or could be wrong...again...)

HiTech also built the bodies and chassis of the Noble M12 then shipped here for drivetrain fitment. Do they still build the later Nobles?