Thread: Are we being hacked?

Are we being hacked?

Is the site under attack?

There are currently 6476 users online. 3 members and 6473 guests
    Most users ever online was 14,621, 21-08-2019 at 01:18.

SEC Member

Re: Are we being hacked?

Well I did wonder. Exchanged a few mails with Webmaster Steve who was fighting hard to keep the site going (it was stuttering and misfiring like it'd got flooded on the Northern Run!) and he ended up restarting the session table, which seemed to do the trick (guest users back down to 2!). I wondered if it might be something server-related that's not freeing up resources correctly after a guest leaves, but the guest count does fluctuate so I dunno.

Might be time to go for that fully-hosted and managed solution we keep muttering about...

It was busy on Wednesday, had to clear the session table 4 times to keep the site up. Can't see any hacking footprints, may have been DOS but could also have been search engines

We need to look at moving host, they only give us 24 max user connections and won't increase it

For a site this big, that miserably small and leads to lots of errors,

I'll keep monitoring it today and see what's happening, at least now I can log posts on the support site, I must say that vbulletins support is not good so far

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Well I did wonder. Exchanged a few mails with Webmaster Steve who was fighting hard to keep the site going (it was stuttering and misfiring like it'd got flooded on the Northern Run!) and he ended up restarting the session table, which seemed to do the trick (guest users back down to 2!). I wondered if it might be something server-related that's not freeing up resources correctly after a guest leaves, but the guest count does fluctuate so I dunno.

Might be time to go for that fully-hosted and managed solution we keep muttering about...
    I need to look at the scheduled tasks to make sure they are running correctly, that should clear the sessions on a routine base, as well as clear cache etc

Database errorThe database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.stratosec.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.stratosec.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    I've had this come up a few times in the last week or so - I haven't seen it before then