Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2020 Tour de Yorkshire Moors & Wolds 5th & 6th June

SEC Member

Re: 2021 Tour de Yorkshire Moors & Wolds 4th & 5th June

Ah yes, Healey. Twinned with Midget, I believe.

I also apologise for late reply.... Thanks to David and Pat for organising this run again, excellent hotel and company...just sorry that we couldn't enjoy the whole weekend...
    folling on from the Outlander gear selection issues.... My laptop died at the weekend..!...... What next !!

Keep taking the pills, Phil, just in case!!!!

Tour of Yorkshire 2021 (revisited in 2023)
    On David and Pat Jowsey’s 2021 Tour of Yorkshire Helen and I managed to break down in our Mitsushitty Outlander (no Strato’s in my garage at this time) so we always vowed to come back and do it at some point in the future.
    So about 3 weeks ago we booked the Gisborough Hall Hotel and subsequently this weekend ran through the route in a more reliable car.
    We arrived on Friday afternoon and had tea sandwiches on the veranda which was very good. Had a great breakfast on Saturday morning then off on the Tour.
    The route at the end on our trip meter was some 205 miles through the North Yorkshire Moors, which was a long day in the saddle. The roads that David and Pat had chosen were spectacular to say the least. We found the point at which we broke down in the Mitsushitty and it was about 75 minutes into the tour, so to reach this point was some sort of milestone for us. The route was interesting and varied and took us just over 6 hours including stops.
    On the Saturday evening David and Pat joined us for dinner which really made the weekend for us, we had a great meal and had great conversation.
    The Gisborough Hall hotel was excellent both the food and the rooms.
    So thanks to David and Pat Jowsey for organising the 2021 Tour of Yorkshire !
    Last edited by Bernard; 09-07-2023 at 21:03.

SEC Member

Some of us got wind of your 2nd go round, and we did consider following slightly behind to see if you broke down again, at which point we'd have driven past again giving you a cheery wave. Kinda Dave-ja vu...but in the end we couldn't be arsed.

Glad you finally made it though. Turning up at the hotel at the end probably elicited a response similar to the Titanic finally making it to New York, many years late

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Some of us got wind of your 2nd go round, and we did consider following slightly behind to see if you broke down again, at which point we'd have driven past again giving you a cheery wave. Kinda Dave-ja vu...but in the end we couldn't be arsed.

Glad you finally made it though. Turning up at the hotel at the end probably elicited a response similar to the Titanic finally making it to New York, many years late
    I knew I could rely on you Normster !.. Mr Evans and Mr Craig were spoken of with heartfelt words !