Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chairman's (Christmas) Rant - December 2019

SEC Member

Re: Chairman's (Christmas) Rant - December 2019

Tim, Guy - yeah I know it's not much of a proposal, I just wondered if they were up for it in principle - didn't see the point in planning it out in detail, only to get knocked back on first approach! They might tell us what they'd allow anyway, so we'd work around that.
    I personally wouldn't want to intrude on an LMC dinner or any other organised activities unless invited, as we're two separate clubs and those things are for their members. Ditto accommodation, unless done on an individual basis. But as I say, the whole thing is moot right now as it's dependent on their acquiescence to the principle.

Mike - good luck in getting hold of a car - probably more chance of that, than an AGM in Sardinia, unless you're happy being the only attendee It's hard enough trying to sort one in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Tim, Guy - yeah I know it's not much of a proposal, I just wondered if they were up for it in principle - didn't see the point in planning it out in detail, only to get knocked back on first approach! They might tell us what they'd allow anyway, so we'd work around that.
    I personally wouldn't want to intrude on an LMC dinner or any other organised activities unless invited, as we're two separate clubs and those things are for their members. Ditto accommodation, unless done on an individual basis. But as I say, the whole thing is moot right now as it's dependent on their acquiescence to the principle.
    I will put some feelers out. I think it is unlikely for 2020 though as these things need to be planned upfront if a combined event.... otherwise it looks like gate crashing. I get back.

SEC Member

Cheers Tim. Wasn't expecting anything for next year - still likely to be Stoneleigh for that one, so don't worry.