*I bumped into an old school friend just before Christmas (literally, we were skiing at the time) and I remembered that we always both had an interest in cars so we spent about 20 mins nursing our wounds and chatting about what cars we'd had, what we now have and what was in the future.

Obviously having an STR in the pipeline generated a lot of chat but he was also telling me he had placed an order for one of the new Ariel Atom 4's. He has spec'd his fairly highly. I'm sure he said the base price was about £40k and £50ish was a good spec. Apparently there's also a 3 year waiting list for them. The thing that surprised me was that the deposit when you order is £3000 which isn't transferable to anyone else or refundable. You then pay 50% of the balance at the point the chassis goes into production and the remaining balance on collection.

We were both trying to think of other cars with a 3 year waiting list but were struggling.

Any suggestions?

Jim

*he actually bumped into me. He always was a clumsy clot. If you're out and about on the roads, give all 2020 reg Atoms a wide berth just incase.