Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pirelli Hawk for sale in Andorra

Re: Pirelli Hawk for sale in Andorra

Yes, but there is enough info in the advert to apply for the V5

A complete engine, gearbox and differential assembly from an E series Ferrari 246 Dino GTS *07786*.

Engine numer: 135CS000 *0011791*
    Gearbox number: 2856E
    Bellhousing number: 929

Dino guru Matthias Bartz has confirmed this engine and gearbox pertain to Dino 246 GTS *07786*, built 03/1974 delivered to Auto Becker Düsseldorf.

*07786* was crashed in the mid 1970's and the engine removed. It has been in careful dry storage for the last 45 years, turned over by hand periodically to keep everything from seizing.

SEC Member

But In line with much discussion on this subject here and elsewhere, what are the ethics involved in applying for a V5, or other national registration, when all you have are numbers? I this case you would have a matching engine of course, but an engine alone does not define a car. Never has.
    I'd have to say I think its unethical.
    It would be a way of by- passing systems like IVA, which have important road safety purposes after all , at best and have fraudulent implications at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    but an engine alone does not define a car. Never has.
    It has a gearbox too so in the old days didnt this qualify as a substantial part of a donor to go on a replica.....???

SEC Member

For points towards keeping an age related or donor registration when you built a kit car from a donor, instead of having a Q plate. Yes, that went on.
    I don't think it would justify obtaining a V5 when you've never had the original car.

yep price is over the top, but keep in mind it is almost impossible to register a new Lister Bell or Hawk on the continent. It wil have to be looked at as a complete new, non existing car with a very rigourous kind of IVA. Also comply with the newest enviromental standards. Than in Holland there is that special Tax which is a kind of enviromental taks calculated from horsepower and weight. For my Lancia 037 build i calculate now 15.000 Euro's just to get a registration and that is after the IVA which costs 3000 to 5000 if you are Lucky. This calculation gets worse by the year, just ask Stephan who is building a Lister Bell right now and trying to register it in the Netherlands. For that i wish i lived in the UK.
    An older existing registration however is much easier to get a registration and less tax and its even much better if its a registration thats already on the continent. The RDW ( Dutch DVLA ) looks very closely and with suspision to kitcars coming from the UK. Partly because in the past there have been false registrations.
    So cars with an older registration already on the continent are the best but very hard to find. I sold my Hawk in 2011 for 40.000,-- Euros which was a very good price at that time. Even ten it was hard to register a Hawk, but luckily i got an age related registration on my Hawk on 1988 year of the Alfa 164 were the engine came out. Shame tis is no more possible
    Sometimes i regret selling my Hawk, but then again i am building a nice car now and enjoying the build a lot, although i doubt i wil ever be able to drive it on the road. Maybe make it electric that would mean no enviromental tax
    Sorry guys just a bit frustrated sometimes, but i decided to finish the build od the 037, lets just see whats possible after that

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    As I see it, a car's value is increased due to one, or a combination of, several factors - usually, its desirability, restricted availability and the fact that they aren't made any more. So the Real McCoy is currently sitting in the stratosphere (appropriately), value-wise, due to a combination of all three. A Hawk or a LB, however, can still be bought new (unless something's changed lately), and so values for them must be anchored (roughly) by the price of a new, turn-key car, e.g. if a car of a given spec would cost £75k built, a good used one would be about the same, but maybe somewhat more if availability issues (e.g. long waiting list) applied and people didn't want to wait.
    Cheers, Pim

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luctor et Emergo

Site Supporter

What happened to the Alpine A110?

Almost there Colin: nearly finished, just a windshield to be replaced and some small stuff: https://www.facebook.com/pimsalpine/

Cheers, Pim

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    I wonder what price they'd be asking if it was fitted with this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-74-F...b720%7Ciid%3A1

Guy

On auction now in BAT here... anyone tempted for a new build ?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/fe...6-dino-engine/