Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is the Virus affecting you?

Re: How is the Virus affecting you?

I really feel for people who are affected with this, both through health and their work. Thankfully, so far, we are unaffected. I've pretty much been working alone for the last 20 years, and I don't rely on people coming through the door for work, but my wife runs a centre for vulnerable adults with learning difficulties. This may have to close for a while, but because she works on a voluntary basis, we won't be effected financially. Of course, the people she helps will be the ones to suffer. As many others on this forum, we both have parents who are well into their 70-80's, and although it is a worry, they're all pretty pro-active when it comes to health and exercise. So fingers crossed, and I don't want to tempt fate here, but we should be ok.

It's the panic buying that really gets my goat! - Why loo rolls??? We've all got access to running water, bars of soap and flannels haven't we?

I'm not sure what foods are selling out yet, but we try and make everything from scratch using organic and GF ingredients where possible. I can't see this sort of thing flying off the shelves...but you never know.

Hope you're all staying safe and healthy out there.

I can show you Car No.2 now DK have put it on YouTube and social media. We can only share media about cars once they have.

Bit of progress with the metallurgy testing. Just got to wait for the paint to dry Should see it end of the year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-34516519

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZL_vQ1zv0A

good Lord I love a 250 SWB. My lottery win car I reckon........

Nice one Tom (fancy swopping jobs?)
    Never realised that they were made from so many body panels stitched together !... a proper jigsaw !
    When they produce "stage" video's of the restoration ... please post as I would like to see this one through to the end.
    Cheers
    Phil

Contrary to post 5, place is now in upheaval. Wife is working from home, and decided to commandeer my minuscule office (6 x 8ft) and install her own Computer, screen and Laser printer alongside mine, not much room left. But before that could happen she had to clear my desk off and the draws in one desk pedestal, that was 3 days ago and I'm still sorting that out.

Had to upgrade the WiFi last night, and this morning resolve the issue of why she could receive emails but not send them, which for a pair of technical ignoramuses like ourselves was somewhat fraught with us nearly coming to blows. However, I did earn some brownie points when suddenly it worked, not got a clue how I got there!!!

In addition to the equipment, most of the file content of her office has arrived on the kitchen floor as well! But hey ho, back to the sorting, I've probably got another 10 weeks or so to sort it.

At least the weather is great at the moment, may eventually have to go and sit in the car in the garage to self isolate, in more ways than one.

Stay safe.

Robin.

p.s. Now also have the role of head tea boy during daylight hours.
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 26-03-2020 at 18:05. Reason: additional role

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
    p.s. Now also have the role of head tea boy during daylight hours.
    You can now claim 80% of what you earn as a tea boy, Robin.
    As long as you can prove it's been a role of your's for some time.

Its good new for the self employed today. Its been a worrying time for many.

I have been making tea most of my career....cos nobody else can do it right

Quote Originally Posted by ProtoTipo View Post
    As long as you can prove it's been a role of your's for some time.
    Actually, I didn't think that through, because the tea making (in your case Robin) hasn't come to a stop for any reason.

Tom,
    I'm sure it's fairly good news? You'll need to eek things out 'till June though.

Actually the govt grant to self employed is on annual profits not income so a huge difference for most....

No Chris, the tea making has actually increased!!! And as far as being self employed, as some of you will know, I'm well past retirement age and have been trying to scale the business down, (without a great deal of success at the moment).

Robin
    Last edited by Longtimefan; 30-03-2020 at 09:32.