Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are you getting your Stratos fix

Re: How are you getting your Stratos fix

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCar6 View Post
    It would get your hair dried rapidly.
    Wot....... Norms hair ???....

SEC Member

Don't worry Phil, I keep it safe in a box under the bad.... (sob)

A friend sent me a copy of Summer 1986 Lancia Motor Club Journal because he knew I was interested in the Lancia Aprilia and it had a special editon celebrating 50 years of that model.

Well during lock down one takes the opportunity to digest things more thoroughly so I read the mag from cover to cover (Guy you probably have the original copy as you have been in the LMC for yonks). I was surprised to see a photo of my ex-works Fulvia 1.3HFR competing in a latter day Coppa Della Alpi

What I did not bargain for was an advert towards the back for Allora!

Keep safe and motivated everyone!

Any one got a Strato's part finished for sale???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails allora advert.jpg  

Hi Tim - I think I'd been an LMC Member for a couple of years by then. The Aprilia never ceases to amaze me, to think it's pre-war is amazing and how long it remained ahead of the "competition" in this country post war just boggles the mind! By the time that issue came out I'd already decided the Transformer (Hawk) was the way to go and was busily saving my £6500 for a very comprehensive kit!

An no, I still don't know of any part builds for sale!
    Guy

I'm having a break from matters Stratos, as I need an MOT as the next step, and I can't decide whether to use the Cibie Turinis that I have on the shelf for the lamp pod or not. So they're on eBay to see if anybody will make up my mind by paying silly money for them!
    Meanwhile I've recommenced work on another project i started in 1990 and had to abandon in 1993. Italian instructions with a translation that is whatever teh Italian version of Chinglish is. You know the sort, 3 paragraphs in Italian is translated into 4 lines of English. It has the traditional aspects of bits in the kit that are never mentioned anywhere, whole assemblies suddenly appear to be attached without any clue how they got made as well as bits that should be there but aren't (may be my fault, 30 years and 2 house moves later!). As well as the plans, photos and text all disagreeing at various point. I'll get there, it has parallels to a Hawk build 20 years ago!
    And the Stratos makes a great place to spread the plans, so it's not feeling totally left out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Img_7475.jpg  

This reminds me of a similar balsa ship model I also started at about the same time (very similar to yours in fact). It's still not finished and is on a shelf in an outhouse - my father-in-law keeps asking me if it's finished yet! I have to remind him that I've got a bigger toy to play with now. Well done Chris for having a go, after all this time. Might get back to mine when I've finished the Stratos!

I've been meaning to do this for a while, this effort was just proof of concept. In the loft I probably have as much track again, but with all the
    clever bits, Goodwood chicane, pit stop diversion, chicane bridge, and the 'flying leap'. I'm toying with the idea of laying it all out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200425_191224.jpg   20200425_191232.jpg   Scalextric_Cat_13_01_Flying_Leap.jpg  

SEC Member

Great weather for it Griff.
    Get some super softs on!
    Enjoy.