Thread: Cheap but effective indoor car cover.

Cheap but effective indoor car cover.

As I keep seeming to knock the paint on the car when I go into the garage and walk around it / move stuff around it....... and it's getting caked in dust and crap from me working in the garage I decided a cover was in order. Just something to keep the dust off and cover it. Didn't want to spend loads at this stage - will get a proper tailored cover once the build is over.

I bought a Cosmos 10353 Indoor Car Cover in small from Amazon. £29.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pretty thin, but soft, will be very breathable and will do the job. Really, really nice fit too. A bit 'baggy' round the top of the doors as the car narrows so much up there but otherwise it could have been made for the Stratos! My doors are off the car in the pic below.

Thought it might be of interest to others.

Re: Cheap but effective indoor car cover.

That's a pretty good idea - mine is gathering dust which I'm trying to keep off - particularly the upholstery and dash. Cover looks like it should do a good job !

SEC Member

Not teaching you or anyone to suck eggs but the inside of it is smooth, aye? As in, won't damage the paintwork in any way as it's dragged over/ off the car?

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo car cover for my Lancia & ended up having to have it detailed. Never made that mistake again..

Cheers,
    Hedge

It's not the really soft fleece type lining of proper expensive covers but it's just soft black stretch material. If the car is dusty / dirty when the cover is pulled on/off then it would leave marks - as would happen with any cover. Any cover is only any good for cars that are clean before you put them on.

It will help a lot though as the crap on the bodywork was getting really bad. It sits there whilst I do all sorts in the garage (across the other side but still in the same space) so I just need something to keep the worst off. I cleaned it all down and DA polished the whole car before putting the cover on.

When it's all done and dusted (so to speak) I'll be looking for a proper heavy duty tailored one.