Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hawk Stratos for Sale

Re: Hawk Stratos for Sale

A cheap car for export.
    Much easier to re-register on the continent.
    It could be turned around very easily into a stunning replica, Alfa V6, paint scheme... £100k car...?
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley

Virtutis Gloria Merces
    www.jadefarms.com

SEC Member

Personally I'd turn it around and push it back into the weeds, but that's just my opinion cos it'd be just too much effort and money for me. What do we think it'd cost to do a decent job on it - £20K? £25K? More? I'd rather wait and spend that £45K (plus a bit) on something already running that I could use now, with maybe a little fettling so I could fit in, but that's just me. It's plainly worth the money to someone. Can't see it ever being worth £100K unless you spent mega-money on it, but hey... moral of the story is that if you've got a Strat rep, you're sitting on a hill of dosh

SEC Member

I see its value in two ways.
    a) it's already registered with a decent age on it, which no doubt appeals to overseas buyers,
    b) as a competitively priced basis for a build when you weigh up what kits cost now, even when you can get them.
    I certainly wouldn't consider spending £100k on any car I didnt, or couldn't know every minute detail of, especially one based on a chassis that's lived in a garden for a considerable period.
    That's not to say I dont believe that kind of figure cant be attained for a top spec professionally built replica.
    Last edited by john; 28-09-2020 at 13:59.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    a) it's already registered with a decent age on it, which no doubt appeals to overseas buyers,
    It's all about that.

The condition of the kit that the ID/reg. is attached to, is neither here not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Normb666 View Post
    Personally I'd turn it around and push it back into the weeds, but that's just my opinion cos it'd be just too much effort and money for me.
    Ditto

By contrast the Lancia Twink that was also for sale sold for £270 which was an utter steal - The port work shown in the picture was of a really high standard and I suspect a substantial amount of work had gone into that engine - The spare parts as well went for giveaway numbers. £1000 for the split rim Coffins was a good price.

It would be nice is the seller dropped back in and notified where the car is destined but I expect that sale being done and dusted its onto other things.

SEC Member

He could be waiting to make sure the sale actually goes through - a case of "it's not gone till it's gone"!

I gave a Lancia twin-cam away a coupla years ago...who'd have thought they'd be worth such good money now? Not that I'm complaining, I was given it for free as well, but 30 years ago! And it's gone to a good home, which is nice to know.

[QUOTE=Darkspeed;51364]. £1000 for the split rim Coffins was a good price. .[/QUOTE
    The Rims Ended Up In Ireland.