After paying my subscription for 2021 just a few remarks regarding the membership!

For the last couple of years I regularly attended the AGMs in Stoneleigh and really enjoyed meeting some Stratos-crazy people and all of the talking! As far as I know I was the only member from outside the UK.

In 2017/2018 there were "complaints" because there was so much money in the club treasury and I remember the discussion what to do with the money very well. Decision was made to donate the "longtime" members with a free membership and a free calender for the next year! Thanks for that again! Would have been a nice idea for 2021!

Another proposal was sponsoring one clubmember´s trip to a rally in Spain "to promote the club" as he said! Personally I can´t agree with spending the clubmembers money to pay somebody´s vacation or something like it!

This year there wasn´t an AGM (nobody here to blame for that!), no Christmas cards as in former years (nice gesture but not a must) and nothing the club capital could have been spent for! Except the expenditure for the website and the other stuff to keep the club alive, of course! So the club capital should have increased to unknown heights!

And I remember the time when it was "club policy" to send a free calendar to overseas-members because those don´t benefit from the special club conditions for insurance, oil, spares..... like the UK-members can!

Please don´t get me wrong, I´m not out for making any "profit" from my membership! But I would like to feel a good reason paying for it!

All the best for the upcoming year for all of you and keep away from "the Virus"!