Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Another Stratos project

Re: Another Stratos project

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mayers View Post
    Sadly not John - my car already carried a nose badge as a Stradale so I merely drilled a big hole underneath it without stopping to think.....
    Ah, ok Guy, sorry as I thought that's what you had done.

Still an option for others if wanting one less hole in the clam for removable lamps

Free user

Hi Startie,
    Congratulations for this great achievement,
    I am a rooky on this forum, that is my first post, and as you are located in France like me, according to your profile, then I get in touch with you first.
    I am a bit intimidated with this forum, I have so many questions I don't where to start from for instance:
    1-Which kit is the best between LB and Hawk?
    2-Any idea of the price for the construction kit? (LB just answered me their order book is full for the next 2 years and they don't accept new orders) I didn't ask to Hawk
    3-Any possibility to make it street legal in France?
    Any info where to go on the forum to find answer to these questions are welcome

Thank in advance and best regards
    Erwan

Laurant,

Welcome to the Forum, don’t be intimidated, we are a friendly and helpful lot. I see you are a Free User, may I suggest that you pay the small annual subscription and become a full member, which at just over half a Euro a week is very good value, and allows you to access all areas which includes many very interesting Build Streams, and will answer your question on Forum access.

Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwan View Post
    Any info where to go on the forum to find answer to these questions are welcome

Thank in advance and best regards
    Erwan
    "Why make it easy when you can struggle"

Welcome to the forum Erwan! Asking which is the better car won't be answered definitively. What I can say is that Hawk have also closed their order books with a 3 year waiting list with deposits paid. There is a list of people who want to order a kit from Hawk and your name can be added to that.

I can't answer the question about registration. I believe it's possible now in most European countries (you can ask owners of cars already registered how they managed it) but rules change from year to year and what is possible now may not be possible in 5 years.

The easiest route to ownership at the moment is to buy a fully built and registered car and export it to France for registration there. Either manufacturers car can be converted to left hand drive but the LB is definitely easier to do. I wouldn't recommend it on the Hawk.

The best place to find a car for sale is through full membership of this forum and club but suitable cars rarely come up for sale and get bought quickly.

Good luck with your search.

Guy

Free user

Thank you for your kind answers,
    I don't mind to pay a little fee as I understand such a forum cannot have thousands visitors and the related advertising incomes.
    Since 1996 I have a BMW 635 Csi 1988 Shadow line with little mileage, and its price has been moving up these last 10 years, so I was planning to make a swap for a Stratos kit.
    I am afraid a ready to drive model would be above my budget, and to find one with the driving seat on the left might be even more challenging.
    But before to register, any rought idea of the price for a kit?
    A special question to Robin, I am not a digital native so I am very impressed when you mention Laurant, I would be happy to understand, it would expand significantly my Digital culture.
    Thank you again and best regards
    Erwan

There is a few progress recently with the shoehorned fitment of the 3.2 powertrain…No fingers stay there fortunately but some drops of sweat!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ec9f8675-9a09-42bd-aa17-69befa35761b.jpg   IMG_3807.jpg   IMG_3806.jpg   IMG_3808.jpg   IMG_3809.jpg  

IMG_3811.jpg  

Excellent work! Looking great.

SEC Member

Very nice Frederic.

@Leigh @John ...Thank you for your encouragement!