Thread: Pirelli Hawk for Sale

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pirelli Hawk for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Willtord View Post
    Unfortunately I cant help feeling that it's had other repercussions, too. I was quoted £90k yesterday, for a factory built STR. I do love the shape of the Stratos, but 90K puts it firmly in competition with a Brand New Porsche Cayman/Boxster 4.0L GTS, or numerous second owner convertible Lamborghinis and Ferraris and their associated development, heritage, parts and servicing networks.
    The only correlation with the pricing of the eBay car and an LB is that the eBay seller contacted LB anonymously 4 months ago as a potential buyer to ask what the cost of a factory built car was, he then bumped his eBay listing price from £69,995 to £109,995.
    There are no repercussions whatsoever to the cost of a turn key LB in light of the (fluctuating) advertised price eBay car.
    The pricing for a turn key LB is quite simply based on the component cost, a build labour cost and then a profit margin which then makes it viable to keep a business with overheads going in this day and age.
    If you compare the spec of a factory LB with car being offered on eBay currently then you would realise there is actually a significant difference in component/engine spec and therefore the component cost alone of the two cars is vastly different.
    I fully agree that you can buy a lot of sports car for comparable money but that really is to miss the point. As one of the forum's old guard used to say "people buy a Stratos because they want something which looks like a Stratos".
    You cannot buy that look in any other car and it therefore becomes what it is & the decision is one to be made by the customer at their own discretion.
    Last edited by Strat Fan; 12-06-2021 at 18:14.
    "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead"
    Stan Laurel